the one hundred and eightieth Phil's MS75 Whale.

sheepers

hey man. i was wondering how good that crown was, i wanted to have a look at it when i was in Christchurch but it never happened.

there are bits and pieces of information around about the MS75/65 but your started in the right place, there are a few 60 series crown lunatics on this forum.

there was a guy selling brand new carbs on e bay US a while back but I've not seen any for a while. i got one rebuilt a ages ago and it made a massive improvement to the car.

the fuel pump is that same as the 5M-U, umm, there are a few 3 port mechanical pumps that fit but i can't remember exactly what.

you probably best to go to an electric one really.

umm, yea, I'm sure you'll get he hang of it as you go but if your stuck drop me a line and ill see if i can help.

sheepers.

Both the fuel pump and carb kit should be readily available from Australia or the states. I got a carb kit, electronic dizzy and a host of other bits from ebay, just get into hunting around

I had a quick ebay, carb kit (assuming you have a carb?):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Coron ... 4843830c88

Theres a bunch of fuel pumps on ebay too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crown-Cressida- ... 35b940e6c6

Coupe specific parts may be hard to find, but you should be fine with mechanical and front end bits. If you have more specific questions fire away.

Its in pretty good nick, hasnt had a WOF since 1999, but managed to get her running on Sunday. Not alot of rust had been kept in a shed for a long time apparently. Going to focus on getting the brakes fixed this week and hopefully take it for a drive this w.e

Do you not have a carb or just want a "new" one? Because the NOS carbs that were on ebay have not been listed for about 2-3 years, chances are pretty slim of finding one! But re-kitting a carb from a 2/4/5M with the right jets fro the 4M should give just as good results if you start with a good core.

• 8 months later...

Have the motor completely stripped and ready for the rebuild. Block rebored to 1mm oversize and gave the head a birthday, new pistons also finally sourced from Austrailia. Now all this is kick ass however i do have one tiny problem. When removing the conrod caps one of the bolts was siezed. Resulting in.......

a4hj5dpp.kwl.jpg

Therefore im looking for another bolt this size. Going to Blacks Fasteners is an option to get another one the same size however due to the placement and stress put upon this bolt I am looking for the genuine article.

12mm 6pt bolt head with a 'T' for Toyota stamped on the top

9x1

Overall is 43mm long

It has varied thicknesses down the shank top thickness is 10.5mm and second thickness is 10.2mm

If anyone has an M series motor for spare parts and has one of these can they please contact me either on here or directly on 0273141755

Thanks

• 1 month later...