Toyota Chaser JZX81

crustywhip

Been wanting one of these for a long time but had to have the JZ engine. A few popped up but were either modified and out of my price range. Trademe turned one up local so I picked it up on tuesday. The guy said he hadnt driven it for ages so needed a tune but I thought it needed a good hammering and some new gas which as I found out was not correct. My dad was driving the datto while I was chuggin down the road, noticed a bit of smoke and pulled over when dad came back hes like "the cars on fire" I jump out and the under neath was like looking at the sun with fire around the cat. Run to my car as I had a drink bottle in there and managed to put it out. Started to laugh as it could of burnt if I didnt have the water. While dad was getting his van I pulled the plugs out to find them swimming in water so explained the lack of running right. Looks to be really honest car so will daily while the datto gets its new toyota heart.

Pic for refernce only.

21294pd.jpg

• 4 months later...

So here is my jz crusier. Its my driver when I come back to wellington and stock standard. goes really well and I try not to look at to many pictures online. Thinking of getting the springs compressed and maybe some wide steels, then manual and maybe turbo, LSD...........I try not to look at to much but cant help my self.

r856xt.jpg

98rd7b.jpg

This is a mark2 but you get the idea.

fwoth2.jpg

mmm x8 hardtop goodness

So here is my jz crusier. Its my driver when I come back to wellington and stock standard. goes really well and I try not to look at to many pictures online. Thinking of getting the springs compressed

Ive got some springs floating round in the shed that I dont want much for, if your keen giz a PM

• 1 month later...

Been thinking of selling this as Im pretty much based in ChCh with a company car (plus I found a mark2 :D I want)

Stock standard jzx81 chaser. Never been banged or modified at all. Goes well and only thing that doesnt work is the drivers window. I had it apart and brushes were toasted, it worked sweet with a clean but has since stopped again.

Took me over 2 years to find this and I love it but prefer the mark2 front end over the chaser.

• 2 months later...

Ah they look so niceeee, gonna be mint on that '76 of yours. As an update I've put off getting the lips done until I move back North in a couple of weeks, though I am refurbishing them as we speak. Funds for lips just aren't at my disposal at the moment.