Banter's 1976 Mini Clubman 1100

Banter

I'm down at Christchurch uni at the moment, 3rd year mechanical engineering.

As for keeping the 1100, I'm poor. A 1275 swap would mean upgrading to discs too which gets expensive! (for me at least)

People seem to prefer the 998 over the 1098 cause it likes to rev a bit more (so I have read, I had learned to drive in a 998 but I was always gentle on her). But torque is fun!

KC1100comp.gif

how about this for a comparison

Same spec (not standard with those figures), different displacement. Bottom curve is a 1000.

I got that figure from this article on the 1100, its worth a read! http://www.minimania.com/web/SCatagory/ENGINE/DisplayType/Calver%27s%20Corner/DisplayID/1128/ArticleV.cfm

Gentle on a 998?! :o:lol:

And I'll probably thrash the crap out of my Mini when it's going with the 1100, and I'll report back with any damages from over-revving (not that my Dad's one died even when he was valve bouncing in top gear for a few hundred meters :shock::lol: )...

Keep up the good work with the build :D

My mini is pretty well modified (1330cc, with kent 296 cam and stage 4 head etc.....) but it is epically slow compared to the other cars in my garage.. Still a bit of fun though.

It's up against my 230 wheel kilowatt evo 4 and my 245 wheel KW bugeye starlet.

In reality if you want to go fast don't bother trying to do it in a mini...

• 1 year later...