• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Jesse:

Bore only adds how loud it is? Friends are already telling me they can hear me coming for ages!

Can you explain the differences with Type E and T9? What else do you need to make it fit for conversion? what's it worth?

I'm off to Aus on friday so not spending until after that!

Josh:

Looks mint! People are always curious with the square headlights, once had a guy tell me that mine DEFINITELY wasn't a '76 as they apparently didn't come out with squares! Appears to once have been the same blue aswell

• 3 months later...

You will need a different longer throttle cable, clutch cable. Fuel lines extended and swapped sides. Exhaust sides swapped over. New drive shaft. Possibly different alternator mount to move alternator lower. Probly other stuff. Its not a hard swap just a few bits to get right

ESKIN8R: Cheers for the information, I knew about the exhaust and the fuel lines, But were unsure about the difference with the 4/5 speed. Dad is a 35th year engineer, should have no problem fabricating a new alternator mount, and he reckons he can chop up a new driveshaft from a spare one out of a previous donor car that has now met it's end.

k-trips: Thanks! Will pass that link over to the old man, he loves a good read, I much prefer to talk and learn through conversation!

These forums are a wealth of knowledge and I can't thank you guise enough for the speedy responses with all of my questions!

Was thinking, what kind of work is needed to fit the Kent gearbox to the pinto? I have a complete 1300 Kent + gearbox etc sitting around along with the complete 1600/box in it at the moment.

And if I was to do the above, would anything need to be shifted? / same driveshaft? I'm not so into dumping the clutch, so the gearbox should hold up sweet