230v Inverter not working.

mad_max

Ive got an ex show car which has a 12v to 230v inverter in it. It seems to be going but no power??

Its hooked up correctly and the green light is on to say its going (as opposed to the red for fault).

I have plugged heaps into it to test but nothings working, It did run a tv and playstation so I dont know whats wrong with it

Any ideas?

Cheers

Na not any fuses. Theyre all good. Will try and borrow a multimeter and see whats getting a current.

I thought normally the lights that say its going are normally at the end of the circuit to say the points getting power.

Just doesnt make sense to me :)

Will put location in profile

Cheers

Tbh theres not really much serviceable shit in an inverter. Does it make a humm when you turn it on and hook up a load?

Most common fault with mine was me forgetting to turn the power switch on. Then i filled it full of sump oil and coolant, still goes but not quite as well.

Inverters, how the fuck do they work?....

Sweet as, Ill give it a crack, Otherwise ill get another cheap 1.

Just hat its a good 1 and theyre $400 on trademe so thought id try fix it.

Just cant see what can go wrong with it as it doesnt look like its been used much and has been bolted to the floor its whole life so not getting knocked around