Dudd's tandem - double the people, double the injuries

Duddley

Funny ya mention that cause I did exactly that with what bits I had in the shed. Made it just high enough for the pedals to clear the floor. but they were hitting again with two of us on. So will have to go shopping. Might just go ahead and buy a bigger fork assembly.

Did heaps of work on this Friday evening to get it ready for a cruise on Saturday morning. Got the new handlebars on and the brake levers.. However the brake lines are suuuuuper shitty and had seized so will have to spend $5 and get more. Might also upgrade the v-clamp brakes too so I know all of that shit is in perfect working order.

The other problem I had was that the chain kept popping off the middle sprocket assembly. On closer inspection that assembly is a bent up warped mess and might make a new one.

Pics to come tonight!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dude - went to the ride but didn't do it due to the tandem being a bit too dodgy. Was a big turn out! Cazz had a little over 300 flags to hand out and she only had roughly 20 left.

There were some pretty out of it bikes there too. People woulda loved the strokers range. Was soo keen to get tandem there.. Will have to get some stroker sprockets made up for it! Cazz said to call it the "2 stroker"

You, sir, should be ashamed! :lol:

You have given me the idea of buyng a tandem and I am currently searching auctions/charity shops/refuge sites for a new project with equally awesome potential for some summer lol's.

Shame on you!

This thing is seriously awesome.

Will be good to see some finished pictures/clips of you hurting yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers mate! It's come a bit of a way since the last lot of photos.

It's now got a matching set of handlebars, a kick stand, popped and fucked tyres after filling them.. Which is all good cause was gona look for some white walls or similar.

But am gona look at replacing the crankset as the ones on there don't work and chain keeps popping off.

AND gona look at getting one of these made up

folding-hinge.jpg

Box of beer/scrumpy for who ever can help a duddley out

• 3 months later...