• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Wow, thread dredge-up

No longer 2x X61's (sadly) +X71 H/T and GS131 Crizz supercharger

Would love help/guidance on a few things such as modifying the subframe, and weather the T-series trailing arms are the same as F-series, If anyone knows.

Also, whats worth while doing to the axles & drive-shaft to clean and freshen them up? like new center hanger bearing?

and are they able to be powder-coated?

I can't help with any of your questions so instead ill ask some of my own.

How wide did those inner/outer barrels make your starsharks? Also did you put extra bolts in them after ya split them or did they already have 16 bolts? My longchamps only have 8 bolts and without re welding them back together I would assume they'd want in on some double bolt action once they've been widened

I widened out some long champs about 6 months ago and just doubled the bolts to 16 off and sealed up with silicone easy as did all myself including parting old outer lips off, just brought new outer lips

yea, Simon used a big lathe at MJ Custom engineering as far as I know.

Dad had a lathe large enough, but not a super secure way to hold them in it yet, was going to use an old laser drum I think but I'd already asked Simon to do it, as I knew he'd do so faster, lol Dad.

Yep, he doubled up the bolt holes too, fucking GC.

All the 8 bolt SSR wheels will be 3pc welded factory so carefully separate the fronts, dress the edges and double up the holes.

Will rock a bicycle style rim tape and tubes to use em.

Staries are now 14 9J Be4ver.

Real question is,

when will you let me have your H/T to put them on it?

you're in 62a, by the toilets and the crying baby,

I mean,

you do want to sell me your hardtop MarkII

• Like 1

if you buy his hardtop tarren does that mean you will sell me yours? Cause i fucking want it....bad. 

whats your plans with this diff freshen? mine has been outside for months. needs a major clean and regrease. Do a skid?

• Like 1

Real question is,

when will you let me have your H/T to put them on it?

you're in 62a, by the toilets and the crying baby,

I mean,

you do want to sell me your hardtop MarkII

I have a good idea.....you give me those wheels, ill put them on my car so you can see how awesome will look. Then we all live happily ever after. The end.

/ swapz wiv ya skidda bro

• 3 months later...

Nah, just buy this? Its a bit pricey and im probley going to do it differently now after googling it tonight. This way works though.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/auction-650749960.htm

just double check the bolts size with your subframe and these^ and try haggle down on price due to them not selling for months.