Tarrans MarkII GX61 sedans

J-Calico

Nah, just buy this? Its a bit pricey and im probley going to do it differently now after googling it tonight. This way works though.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/auction-650749960.htm

just double check the bolts size with your subframe and these^ and try haggle down on price due to them not selling for months.

They are pricey for what they are right,I'm gonig to 'consult'(lol) a skilled fabricator friend to see if he can replicate it on a much cheaper budget/for a better  price, that seems slightly rediculous.

There alllll miiinneeeee hahah. should really come and grab them/give you money. 

edit: thats gannnnnkkk. got the bc's welded up yet? want me to grab them and give them to mikey for you?

SHOW ME THE MONEY BIARCH! ha

Na not yet Mitch, hehe

I see him regularly enough but no thank you, I'll get chicken to do it. Even though 'Russ' is probably easily capable, I trust Chickens

knowledge on weld penetration and materials/metalurgy etc etc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SHOW ME THE MONEY BIARCH! ha

Na not yet Mitch, hehe

I see him regularly enough but no thank you, I'll get chicken to do it. Even though 'Russ' is probably easily capable, I trust Chickens

knowledge on weld penetration and materials/metalurgy etc etc

Ill get around to it haha.

hahah ahh yeah sweet sounds good.

Fair enough, better to use someone you can trust their skills as its kind of an important part eh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Whatprogress hah! Wasting money on Nissan bearing runners/not making enough in the first place :-)

ANT/old Toyota wierdos, most Toyota undercarriages are riddled with eccentric bolts in them.

A friend and I went to strip what we were under the assumption was 4 pinion G-Series LSD out of

a rusty as fuck mkIII Supra that had the rest of the driveline pilfered out of it, and there's two sets in the rear,

and at least one in the Front.

My JZS147 Majesta does, I'd hazard a guess most Toyotas do in multiple places.

Rob some out of something.

I have a couple sets now, they might need re-passivating or some such, but free baby!

Thats what i did and i put it back together today with fresh grease ready to go back in tomorrow arvo.

Just got to change the outer bush in the control arm as its a 14mm internal bush and the ecentric bolts are 17mm.
i used a bush from a ford f150 or some shit. 

Basicly i just grabbed the standard adjustable toe bolts out of the t series subframe i was taking out and also drilled the 3 spot welds out of the ecentric bolt locater tab things and welded them onto the camber side f series subframe. 

Was, So, Fucking, Easy.