Do i possibly have a gearbox problem? Auto box is LS400

Ned

So my LS400 with 1UZ isn't able to do skids when it's warm. But when it's cold it can. BUT when it's warm it does still have enough power to make it step out if i'm up in the revs a bit.

Could this be explained by a gearbox problem at all? Not too clued up about auto boxes etc (and would love to put a W58/R154 in it) but was talking to Cam about it earlier and wanted some input from you lot....

Anyone know if this could be a gearbox fuck up and how to check/diagnose?

Firing on all 8 and compression test was good. Does sound like it has an exhaust leak possibly on the passenger side :/ Thought it was missing at first but individually removed each lead when running and all were going.

1/2 trottle doesn't have more power i don't think, it just says no until it gets up to 3000rpm :/

DOUBT IT

Got a service manual and done a few tests from the diagnostic port like was suggested? you can quickly bypass the fuel pump controller there. You can also see if the car is over compensating for a long term lean or rich condition due to faulty o2 sensors or a vacuum leak etc by reading a couple of pins.