Boostng an hs4 s.u?

BAR118

I've never investgated drawing through an IHI.

Also your mistaken regarding carbon seals and fuel.

you must run a carbn sealed turbo, if you wish to run a drawthrough set up. It isn't that the pertochemicals fuck the sels, it's that the non carbon seals aren't designed to retian oil under the vaccuum that the compressor housing will see when the throttle blade is closed.

Are all the hif44's suited to boost?

Can be done but the Metro/Montego/ERA ect carbs are different. The main noticeable difference is the line from the front of the carb to the top of the float bowl to pressurize it.

(The black hose in the midle of the pic)

P8073314.jpg

Im not completely sure but I think they also run a different kind of seal on the butterfly rod but I think that's about it.

you can get around needing the fangled seals on the throttle shaft, if you drill small holes up through the baseplate to the throttle shafts. Then make a carb spacer with orifaces drilled to deliver boost to these holes. This will equalize the pressure between the venturi, and the throttle shafts. A small amount of air will seep out the ends of the throttle shaft, but no fuel will find it's way out.

i used a mg montego factory turbo-carb for blow-through, was mint, easish to tune and the fueling was mint... i thought the spring in the hat is a different rate in the turbo carbs??? and has a skinny needle, never checked if the main jet was the same, you also need the (low pressure)rising rate reg, a higher pressure fuel pump (EFI one run through a ballast to try and slow it down) and add a return line

the only real problem is the spark control... without this you end up with a compromise that slowly wears out the engine (ie locked dissy)

also the weirdo box on the front helped HEAPS with drive-ability

circa 2006ish

sideon3wp.jpg

turboinlet5zw.jpg