Firm rear shocks for TT133 sedan?

Ridal

There is a short Hilux shock that I've used in the past but can't remember the exact model, it was probably abit to firm though. I have a Munroe catalog on my work PC that lists all their shocks by dimensions and end attachments I'll dig it up should help find something.

Equally as rubbish springs. I'm pretty sure they are standard ones that have been compressed. I deflated the shocks to see if they actually had any effect other than ride height. No effect. I will be upgrading springs also. Would custom made be the easiest option? I'll probably go for 7 or 8 kg in the rear so any suggestions as to a suitable shock would be great.

7 -8kg rear, dang! Hilux will probably be ok with that sort of spring. Was going to suggest KE70 wagon but they'd be massively too soft. From memory there is a Suzuki shock that can also do the job, with slightly less insane valving.

I tried all this and decide it's all super gay unless the car is a track car only so am going in a certain pneumatic direction.

Also 7kg is ridiculous. 8kg is pretty much a block of alloy. Maybe work for the front of a jzx with two tongans in the front but not the rear of a corona hah.

Could you elaborate on the super gayness? My only experience with spring rates is with some adjustables (front) I made with 4kg springs but they turned out to be softer than I would have liked. So I'm open to suggestions.

I suppose if you're not aiming to be 40mm from the ground it might be different. But everything was just too hard with stupid angles on all the suspension so it handled like crap on the bumpy roads.

Never took it on a race track but I imagine it would have been awesome.

I had 7 in rear and 9.8 in front and front didn't move at all when you sat on it.

Bumpy roads are definitely a feature of my daily drive. So it sounds like 5kg springs with those hilux shocks would be pretty good. I don't mind a stiff ride if it's responsive and has a good feel if you know what I mean. The seats are pretty gangster spec padded which may do some work.

Hey James, the Hilux shocks don't require shortening usually, they are short enough as it is.

Actually will probably have them for sale soon as I want to go with adjustable rear shocks, have a spare pair of 5.5kg TRD rear Springs that should fit of your sedan also, maybe can work something out