changing my front springs in my ke70??

Mitch.W

And you cant cut the tab without mincing the brake line. So you undo the line, buy some spring compressors and some brake fluid. Then with all the time you saved by not being in hosptial - give handjobs in public restrooms to recoup costs.

Its a win-win really

lol wot.

Just ventured in thread.

I'm pretty sure I never told you to use cable ties man. I'v done it before with tie downs but would never recommend it.

And I did offer to come round and help you the other night but you said you got them off...

Find some spring compressors or go down to the local garage and they will take them off.

Cut the cable ties off, load up the front of the car and you'll be able to loosen the top nut no worries. Generally in KE70's I've found the springs arent under much tension (20+ years of sagging) so when you do get the shock out of the car, you can take the top hat off without it screaming off. That said, you'll still want spring compressors on them just in case - better to be safe than eating through a straw for 6 weeks!

New springs wont likely need much compressing either.