Twin-carbs?

SP450andLE

I'm sure Mini's are not exempt from the detriment of points. The 110 had a weird occasional misfire that was resolved by converting to electronic, the smoothness of the revs was a hugely notable difference also, as well as being able to rev ever so slightly higher.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with points failing on me. ever.

it's usually CAUSED by something else. and in the same instances with electronic ignition, I'm sure the module wouldn't stand for it as long as points will.

also ky your car probably had better top end due to the ignition curve on the electronic dizzy

I probably have a spare cast manifold to suit a 1 3/4 Carb and possibly a HIF44 as well...

I would automatically assume that the carb would need a rebuild/new seals as it has not been used for 4-5 years.

The likely-hood is I don't have a fat enough needle to run a mild 1100..

NINJA EDIT: I just had a thought that the manifold probably has epic porting to match my heavily modified 1275 head so might not perform so well on the small bore motor...

also the best mod you can do to any mini is to fit a honda civic / nissan pulsar dizzy..

get rid of those nasty points..

http://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mdobruck/sii ... ien/dizzy/

there is another site (i found about 10 years ago) which has some more info bu i can't seem to dig it up again..

So the porting would just make it run shit on an 1100?

BP isn't ethanol, is it? The one close to home just got 98, so I don't have to travel very far at all for it now! :lol:

'Cos I'm a lazy bugger :mrgreen:

Yeah, BP 98 is the best, your lucky to have it close.

Points is fine but you have to go back and check them every couple of months and make sure the plate hasn't shifted etc etc which is just something most people would rather not do if they could

I found the advance to be inaccurate on points, it would waver around a bit, they didn't like damp weather and converting to electronic meant i could use a higher voltage coil.

electronic > points and for the price i reckon there is no better upgrade for an old mini...

As for my manifold, it's probably not going to perform all that well on a factory head.