coldturkey's shit van - paint ideas?

coldturkey

So this is my Vanette I have had for a while. When I got it, it was blowing massive amounts of blue smoke of doom. Rebuilt the A15 engine and now use it to cart around all manner of mysterious objects.

Its for sale in FS Fred, but I think I would get great satisfaction out of painting it. Probably going to just paint it with house paint/whatever is cheapest at bunnings via brush so I can put some wacky designs on it.

DSCF0990.jpg

Anyone got any sweet colour/design ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a lame update but I was bored. So I was having issues with what I believed to be carb overheating, it only happened out on the open road when I was going for 10 mins or more. Round town it was sweet (seems strange, but the extra fuel usage may have been keeping the carb colder).

Pulled off the Carb. I knew there was just a small gasket there, cause I put it on there. When I first got the engine it just had some silicone between the carb and manifold and no gasket. This caused a whole lot of issues.

DSCF1021.jpg

Got some thick cork type gasket sheet and made up some gaskets (with correct gasket making equip of course)

DSCF1022.jpg

Stuck them together with some non-setting gasket jointing compound

DSCF1025.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

Threw it back together, actually removed one layer because the carb bolts were too short.

DSCF1029.jpg

hmm just need to find some paint. Where can I get some dirt cheap paint that will be OK for a while outside.

Interior house paint is the cheapest but that aint gonna work.

Exterior house paint is damn expensive, probably more than proper car paint.