1UZ - fuel consumptioness.

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the shelf mounts wont work for his Lux as the older 3 mains R series mounts are different to pretty much everything.

I've had an 18rg on 22r hilux mounts, 21r's are the same aren't they? Remembering that it's the chassis mounting points that matter for this, not the block.

Cheers

Matt

na, reasonably easy to come by, ppl want mad cash for them tho. I sold my re-shimmed LSD (was so tight it may as well have been a locker) for like $350-400 a couple years back, so don't pay much more than that.

from memory even when shimmed the hilux is a weird sord of LSD that will eventually go 1 wheel even if its brand new. its hard to explain, will spin 2 wheels to a point i guess

Yup hilux LSD will still let go of one wheel it has no ramps, the lush way to do it is get a trd LSD for a 70 series supra

I've had an 18rg on 22r hilux mounts, 21r's are the same aren't they? Remembering that it's the chassis mounting points that matter for this, not the block.

Cheers

Matt

What I was getting at is that there are two versions of the R series block, early 3 mains versions (12R etc) like his are completely different to later model 18/22R's etc. They have a big part of the bell-housing integrated into the block and the engine mounts are quite far forward on the engine in a way different place to other stuff