18rgu in to 1980 toyota corona

bonearona

hoping sombody can give some info on fitting a 18rgu in to my toyota corona.

1. will it bolt in ? if not is ther a cross memeber i can use from anufa toyota?

2. what type of gearbox is used behind a 18rgu ?

3. im i wasting my time with this conversion ?

your thoughts would be appercaitd as im stuck with what to do and dont wana waste my time with this motor. thanks kane.

I would put in a good running 3T-C and a t50 it will chug along sweet and cost like $100 to put in, but I'm a wierdo. Something 3T-C powered would be right up there on my ultimate daily driver list, my old 3T carina ruled

Woop hey sorry Kane, was going to reply to your PM's tonight

but yeah its pretty much covered here.

not sure an 18rg is a bolt in job for a XT corona as they were t powered if i remeber correctly

I personally like 18r's they are kinda fun, had one in a van and it went fucken well.

Depending on what box your car had (i'm guessing w-50 or 40) then i would be finding one of those with a bell housing to suit the 18r.

if you still have the original gear box cross member should bolt to that pretty easy, then sort out your engine mounts etc from there.

its possible that your shape of car came out with an 18r in it, so if you could find one with that, then the mounts would be straight bolt in.

Also if you still have your original drive shaft that should be even better. as yoke will be the same

A few of us are going to horopito next weekend if you wanna come have a hunt, otherwise i will keep my eyes open for mounts when i'm there. (you will need to remind me like in the morning on saturday with a text or something, otherwise the booze in my system will make me forget :) )

You want a crossmember from a RT132 or RT133 Corona sedan or liftback. As already said you can probably use your original gearbox crossmember if you still have it, depends if your car originally had a W40 or a T40, as TT132 came with both options depending on the spec level.

Was a guy down here wrecked a RT132 not long ago, he may still have some bits, think his username is 'Rob'

I know where there is one of those vans at a wreakers just down the road from me

in fact i have the number on speed dial

but no i wont allow you to do that

instead you are going to come down to horopito next weekend

you can thank me when your there

I know where there is one of those vans at a wreakers just down the road from me

in fact i have the number on speed dial

but no i wont allow you to do that

instead you are going to come down to horopito next weekend

you can thank me when your there

hahaha that almost sounds like blackmale i like it haha