82 Ex Lancer Suspension

karlb

i guess ill wait till i can get my hands on some starion front struts before i put my wheels on.rear isnt to bad just get some mirage shocks and some superlows.

Im also considering making some coilovers using chromoly sleeves.iv seen a few people to this to there ke's etc. only trouble with that is ill have to get it certed.

Mind you im trying to put a powersteering into it so that will need a cert anyway.but ill see how things go and still decide what i can do for the front in the mean time.

iv just thought of a few ideas. dunno if it will work etc but if anyone can let me know what they think will be great because i cant get hold of any starion struts.

option 1. buy some starion strut inserts and shorten my existing 1600 shock bodys to take the starion strut. and fit with some superlow springs.

option 2. buy some starion strut inserts and shorten my existing 1600 shock bodys to take the starion strut. and remove the spring platform and weld another on that will take a small diameter. spring.

ive cut and repositioned the spring seats b4 and never had to cert (if its a nice job), but in saying that it is kinda pointless if your not going shorten the strut housing also.Whats the issue with just replacing the standard springs and using a shorter insert to keep them captive?Thats what i would do, but hey, what do i know.

ive cut and repositioned the spring seats b4 and never had to cert (if its a nice job), but in saying that it is kinda pointless if your not going shorten the strut housing also.Whats the issue with just replacing the standard springs and using a shorter insert to keep them captive?Thats what i would do, but hey, what do i know.

Yea thats what ill be doing just trying to locate some shorter strut inserts and shorten the strut body but also thing of lowering the seat about 20-30mm so i dont need to either compress the superlows or cut another coil off.its just something i came up with and seeing if anyone had done it before.

• 3 weeks later...

to caboonatlarge. ive got some starion struts and wanna put coil overs on. were did you find the coil over sleeves? as all they have on trade me is 51mm tubes and the starions are 54mm so i havent been able to find any! any help on this?

to caboonatlarge. ive got some starion struts and wanna put coil overs on. were did you find the coil over sleeves? as all they have on trade me is 51mm tubes and the starions are 54mm so i havent been able to find any! any help on this?

http://www.georgestock.co.nz/Competition-Parts.asp

They supply 55mm sleeves. They're able to convert your struts too if you have a bit of cash

• 3 weeks later...

Bro, I just got my ex and the dude i brought it off cut a few coils off the top to give it a sacked look.

I took it into mag and turbo and they offer me a few options...

1- get shortened shocks to make them captive(wayy less bouncey)

2- Get a new set of springs and compress them? (but i dont think they will sit as low)

3-(what im going to do) Get new springs and shortened shocks, The dude said compressing the spring with make the ride smoother and then they just shorten the shock to make the captive(no cert) and i was looking at about 1200 for a new set of springs and shock(pretty mint)

if you want a cheaper option then get some shocks out of a mirage to make them captive, they're short anyway and just take 1 and a half to 2 coils off you springs and you'll have no troubles with wof and cert... My ex is on 17" DTMs and looks sacked aspretty mint

• 2 months later...