Pug 205 CTI cutting out when warm

fuel

Hey you french car dweebs, my workmate has a 1991 205 CTI 1.6 convertable, jap import stz. When it gets up to operating temperature it will cut out stone cold and then will refuse to restart for a little while, once cooled down it will start up and run but cut out again shortly. When it does run it runs fine with no mis-fire/rough running etc.

When this happened to a Mitsi of mine it turned out to be the ignition module inside the distributor, perhaps could be the same thing on the pug? He seems to think it all started not long after his daughter ran it real low on fuel perhaps sucking shit up from the bottom of the tank, so he's changed the fuel filter on the firewall but no change - I gather there would be a sock filter at the end of the pick up in the tank too?

ta

could be the tachometric relay up under the dash which takes a signal from the ignition system to tell the fuel pump to cycle only when the engine's cranking or running.

you've gotta really work out what's happening first. slam a fuel pressure gauge in the line if it's still got spark when the car dies. that'll tell you what's going down, i'm sure.

UJ's rap for the day:

Speculation is awesome fun

But check for spark when it does not run

You could find it's out of gas

Or some negro put a cap in its ass

But more likely it is metric shit

With an angle grinder

A 2zz should fit

HOLY SHIT