Southerner Ex lancer

Southerner

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

my 1980 had (working) air con. That one is either a Jap import, an optioned up NZ-new model or air con had been retrofitted into it at some stage. Many jap market cars had air con even from the 60s onwards. Their climate pretty much requires it. That's why you see even shitty base model jap imports with air con.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
For the adjusties can you use original celica inserts? An do they get certs an wofs?

yea i shortened the strut itself and used the inserts. I presuming if all the welds are done nice and neat then it should pass cert, and therefore wofs

• 5 months later...

Yea the GSR struts are bigger diameter strut tube and brakes, but will also require lowering springs to get it to sit lower im guessing. Also with building coilovers you have to shorten the strut tube, measure it and cut out a section and weld it. Then put a threaded sleeve over and weld top and bottom. Dont know how this gets on in the cert process as i sold mine in bits and brought a e30 BMW instead.