Suggestions for shocks/struts.

isnowi

Hi all,

I'm hoping to pick all your brains. I need to track down some struts/shocks for my brumby, i though i was onto a winner with puegeot 405 front struts, but they turned out to be too fat around the bottom.

What i need to know is what vehicles have a machpherson strut front end that mounts into the hub via a pinch bolt, a la honda civic etc.

If anyone knows of other vehicles that use this style of front shock let me know.

cheeers, Dan

ford focus

Thanks bubbles, they look mighty close. What i'm trying to do is find a strut that has approximately the same compressed length as the brumby one, but that has more travel, and a longer Extendedlength, that way i can run a longer softer spring than stock and have some decent droop or negative travel.

edited for stupidity :rolleyes:

Hmm epic slam front big lift back? = Extreeeeem rake.

Still lifted, looking for more travel in the front.

EG civic struts look to be the closest, they have a body of approximately the same diameter, and are a couple of inches shorter than brumby struts, i don't kniow what the clamp diameter at the bottom is though. Also eg civic struts feature skinny springs for maximum camber profit, (room in the tower to offset top mount in by an inch or two.)

just remembered a honda strut is not designed for use in a macpherson type suspension, the shafts are quite small from memory. (hondas are double a arm so there is no braking/cornering loads on the strut)

QFT, therein lies the problem i have, i'm now thinking that i might be better destroying a set of stock struts in order to fit longer inserts into them...

just remembered a honda strut is not designed for use in a macpherson type suspension, the shafts are quite small from memory. (hondas are double a arm so there is no braking/cornering loads on the strut)

QFT, therein lies the problem i have, i'm now thinking that i might be better destroying a set of stock struts in order to fit longer inserts into them...

do it

might even get one with more stroke and same body length