New brake lines- questions..

yoeddynz

I need to put new brake lines throughtout on the viva. I have always used the copper stuff in England and I brought some over with me.

I checked with my local AA man and he looked through his wof rules book thing and he couldn't find anything that said I couldn't use copper so long as it is rated for the task. But it seems to be a grey area- many seem to dispute it?

Anyway- to save future hassles I may well just use bundy tube (if that's what its called) If its not too much. Would BNT be the cheap place to buy it?

If I do then I reckon my old flaring kit may not be up to it - any suggestions on where I can get a nice flaring kit at nice price...or anyone in Blenheim I can borrow one from?

Canne use copper for brake lines in NZ anymore..

You can get a copper/nickel bundy tube I believe.. If you can't get trade deals I can most probably arrange something trade worthy down Blenheim way..

Brake flaring tools are also available from BnT and I can arrange the same.. Let me know

Theres two types of tubing that are both referred to as bundy tubing, the copper nickel one which is cake to work with and flares nicely, and the steel stuff which can be trickier when you are trying to do tighter radius's and keep things neat, and also IMO doesn't fare as nicely as the copper nickel stuff, the steel is a lot cheaper than the copper nickel though.

Sweet cheer for offer - i'll pop in tomorrow and see how much bnt want to take from my wallet...

How much should I expect to pay for the copper nickel bundy tube? Is it sold in like 10m rolls or by the metre?

What is the stuff that is double walled... Is that bundy?

And according to both AA wof guy in blenheim and a certifier I spoke to 'rated' copper is still fine- but a grey area I cant be arsed to have to argue it out every time I go for a warrant.