1986 Toyota Crown SUSPENSION

ms123crownpimpmobile

hey guys,i have a 86 super saloon and i want to lower it its currently stock standard granddad spec 4wd styles.im guessing theyre similar to the cressida and after looking at a few 80s cressida's there seems to be a few different set ups.what do you guys is a good set up?also what $$.

any tips/info would be appreciated

cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I've moved this post into a more appropriate section for you.

The Cressida and Crown are a very different platform to eachother. Cressida is a monocoque chassis and Crowns are a separate body and "ladder" chassis. We have quite a few members that will be able to help you - the crown chassis stayed practically the same for it's whole period of production...

It's been covered before - do a search or click simon's link.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah plan is to get it all sussed before christmas for summer holidays/hunting season haha.

thanks true notch for the info just wikipedia'd the crown lots of info.go the body on chassis solid ass

i want to keep the standard shocks and springs untouched so i can return to original if need be.

ill be ringing around to sus out shock spring combo im in takanini any places u guys recomend?

any after-market spring you use will lower it stuff all. Just get what ever springs you can afford or get cheap kings etc.

In the front you can cut them until its sitting on the bumps and it will be captive, mine has about an inch of travel and is still captive.

The rear will take abit more research as it will definitely not be captive. The top shock mount is abit gay (pull one out you will see), but there are other shocks with the same mount out there so look around, some may be shorter. Bumps will probably also need a trim, drive-shaft wont hit the floor or anything with severely chopped bumps

shocks on an gs126 or similar are different to a 60 series as in they dont have a cross pin. so recplacemnt shorter ones should be easy as for The rear. I just fitted shorter ones in my wagon easy. Also A good choice for springs that fit that you can cut are falcon springs like xf and all of those. Not so sure about the back though, but they fit in thr front for sure.

shot for the info dudes.sweet il hit up takanini pick apart for coon springs for the front and figure something out for the rear.notorious soft crown springs for sure bro turning roundabouts e.t.c feels like i might roll it :pale:

dont have to slow down at all all for speedbumps tho which is new for me my old jzz30 was a 1kph speed bump avoid at all costs scenario so thats abonus.got new wheels from chch coming next few days will put up some pics

yeah, rear springs..... for some reason I think the top coil and bottom coil are different diameters. Could be wrong, but yeah just pull one out and go on a hunt. Will find part number of shock I have used in the wagon too if you want

DSCF5337.jpg

Mines captive at that hight, and doesn scrap on fuck all. So should be lower haha

P9230704.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sorry theres a few randoms in there too.u guys like my bling rocker cover ?haha it goes way harder with the filter too.

neways getting of topic

theres a pic looking down on the wheel.its about 40mm past the wheel arch.iwant to know is this gona be legit?

after i lower it will i get a bit of camber/lose some of the width?

THINK THEY WOULD LOOK GOOD WITH A POLISH UP 14X7 FR 14X9.25 R

• 5 weeks later...