Wizz's AK Shuttle of nippy slammed economy.

NVMY R

Ok started this thread, mainly because I went for a WOF today and while I was under the Shuttle on the hoist, the warrant guy pointed this little fella pinned up underneath my car.

A cool little score if I don't say so myself! So here's some picks of my badge, pics of the car will be up later.

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from seeing my good mate Chris from Strongs, has sorted me out a set of E-AT rear Shocks. Hopefully these won't fully slam the fuck out of it like they do when you do the EF swap.

Also have ordered a set of 15" 2-piece, Black Racing wantanabe styled wheels.

They look exactly like these in the pic, I really want to paint the centres a flat Gold colour to match my sweet-as pin stripes. What do you reckon?

22680122714595l.jpg

Will pick up parts on Tuesday, sweet.

Edit: wheels were taken off the donor car but a couple were buckled:(

Yeah I know, sucks. Had good plans for the car but I think it should go to someone who can actually make use of it.

Note: Passage is De-Reg, no WOF. But nothing that can't be fixed by someone who knows what they are doing. Motor runs, no smoke, but I think the 25 yr old electrics and/or Air flow sensor need a re-haul.

what's the plate num of the R31? if it still has a week before it goes de-reg I would basically get it on hold ASAP, it will cost you the 11 months and 3 weeks worth of reg though - but that's still a damn sight better than having to pay $600+ to get a de-reg car back on the road - letting a car go de-reg will essentially kill it's value and to most people would turn it into nothing more than a parts car.

Update: Sold the Skyline.

Me and the missus, drove down to Welly last weekend and picked up a whole interior form an Si AH Civic Hatch. Put most of what I wanted in (front seats, carpet, center console) just waiting on plan of attack to fitting the dash (it's mint, no cracks) and go from there.

New Years Brad and I modified the rear suspension while on the chop and now have since picked up some 14x6 Mugen CF48s for cheap.

2011_0110AF.jpg

No photo's of interior yet. And needs more low at the front, have talked to someone and it's only a matter of taking out the torsion bars on each side and notching a spline out for more adjustability.

• 2 months later...

They might actually work I think, because the biggest problem I have found is the giant rake from the headlights to the windscreen. I have looked at those in the past, but didn't think they were boxy enough.

After I find some fender mirrors, I will have to try and make some blanking plates for where the originals were situated. I was thinking making a mould and then making a DIY vacuum mould to get it the blanking plates to look factory. Do you guys think this would work?

I was thinking making a mould and then making a DIY vacuum mould to get it the blanking plates to look factory. Do you guys think this would work?

Or possibly hacking the mirrors off the triangular backing plate and getting a blank section plastic welded on, then painting it all black?