Custom aerosol paint cans and spraying

zep

Hey pleeple,

I've got a few primer patches on my car that I'm a bit sick of. I was thinking of getting some matched aerosol cans to try and get a bit more consistency going with my paint. The car is rough as, really, but I hate the mustard colour of the primer.

Any tips on doing this right? Should I sand the primer? Should I polish the paint afterwards? Jhelp!

Cheeers

It's just lacquer. Maybe rub the existing primer back quite a bit and reapply suitable shit, from a can is all good. Once it's dry, sand it back with a block with say 320 grit, then smash that shit on. Will likely be a bit orange peely, so just rub it back with something high grit, then polish if you need to

Only thing I can say is make sure you shake it enough. Have had average results with metallic in a can before not being mixed enough and looking like shit. Apart from that, it's going to look mint as compared to primer, so doubt it will need to be perfect to look any good.

It will be hard to blend it into the paint already there. I believe what you are supposed to do is mask up a large square around the area. Prep the primer then apply your new colour over the primer focusing on covering the primer and fading it out at the edges attempting to blend. Do 3 coats at least. Once dry give a wet+dry 800ish sand to blend old into new. Then apply your 3-4 coats of clear (can also get this in cans) After this has cured, give it a week at least, you hit it with the buffing wheel and blend new clear into old clear. That is if your old paint has a clear over it.

Gaz