Twin Alternators - Auto-sparky help plz

von Mako

Sorry, 1600WRMS

1000WRMS @ 2ohm monoblock

150WRMS X 4 full range thing

There is no way in fuck your pulling 1600 watts though, Id be impressed if you had 1000rms coming out of that.

Can pull 140A at full noise quite happily. If ya wanna pic as proof I can plug it back in next time I go out to the shed

Both alpine units, can't remember model codes.

Alpine PDX-4.150 and MRD-M1005 according to your build thread :study::lol: Nice amps!

How do you find the PDX? Been wanting to try one for a while for it's small footprint, but have read they can have quite a bad noise flaw?

yep just jam in second alt and wire as per normal, 12v from charge light as uterus says. they wont fight each other, the diodes in the rectifier will stop either alternator "seeing" each other. will work as per normal but with yea, a second alt.

hope your wiring is lush as fuck because constant 100a draw is astronomical. you could have mig running in the back :lol:

All good then! Although I'm not sure it's worth the effort now if the alts are only 45amps.

All wiring to the amps is 600 strand 4 gauge, so should be good for 150amps or so?

Running 4gauge from alternator, 00 to the boot splitting into 2ga to the amps

Yeah the PDX is mint, have not noticed any noise or quality issues at all. They have a newer model of them now as well.

Gonna do a proper install over the next year or so, everything is just sitting there like a pile of crap.