P_Star's Lux of extreme 2wd HIGH!

P_Star

Ok so I was planning on just picking this bad boy up, driving it... um yeah that's pretty much it...

However when I got it home it seemed to leak water into the cab from multiple locations... which was a bit odd... so I thought sweet dismantle, track leaks.... plug... drive.

I wish, leaks were from a few holes around the place and by the time I had ground them all back the cab looked a bit swiss cheezy. now before I get told off the most likely outcome is that this will just get recabbed when I track one down/can afford the cash and time to do it and have it off the road so the repairs are less than ideal. However seeing as the chassis is 100% solid as a rock I am not super concerned that the hole in the drivers footwell is now made of corvette... :shock:

Anyway... plan is loosely a bit of a battle truck so it will feature mattybee with accents of ferrous oxide along with, for some EICM (Euro Import Cheese Market) flavour I am seriously contemplating orange wheels... not 100% which way this will work yet... orange steels with hubcaps (assuming I can find some) or black centres and orange dish on the aftermarket wheels or something in between. either way will be worrying about that after it is painted and re-warranted. along that line... does anyone have a spare windscreen laying about for one of these?

Ok... pics.. spread over a few posts for ease of something?

Pre me fucking with it:

P8200561Medium.jpg

P8200578Medium.jpg

P8200575Medium.jpg

P8200572Medium.jpg

P8200569Medium.jpg

P8200568Medium.jpg

I only barely fit in it now! haha but thankfully the sills seem solid :)

Rust is all farm spec... doors full of mud, vents full of leaves etc... rust in tops of the thing... um... under where the guards go? explains why there was lots of water coming in haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

too many pics per post... so here is cab with paint and tray on but sans paint

P9020655Medium.jpg

P9030675Medium.jpg

P9030677Medium.jpg

P9030672Medium.jpg

And please explain why noone has dug up some 2" lowering blocks and bolts for me yet... do you like this 4wd spec business? lol aka wtb... 2" blocks to suit, with bolts... cheapish :compress:

• 11 months later...

Not too much of an update however it now features much more low, reset leaves + blocks in back and wound down and reindexed torsions up front, was having serious metal on metal issues up front so chucked the factory steels on there with the worlds tallest tyre hence slight lopsided posture. have something happening with that department shortly but for now, pics.

IMAG0427-2.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

and who knew photobucket had entertaining edit mode? lol

IMAG0427-1-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

bit of an update...

Wheels have been replaced with some red steel things... well on the front at least, offset on the rear is a bit fucked so I need to flare the back guards a little/come up with a new plan.

Anyway, have some pics:

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

kinda in need of a fresh coat of matt... may go satin but that is in the long term plan

• 1 month later...