Auckland compliance places

0R10N

OK as most of you know I've been getting the dick around by the place that's meant to be complying my RX-7.

Basically the last certification recheck failed with even MORE bullshit wrong than before. must be the first and only car in the history of mankind ever to ever do so...

At this stage I've given the place an ultimatum to have the car done by the 1st of july but it looks like they don't give a tin shit what I do, so I plan to turn up at the end of this week with D-plates and take the car and all of my paperwork away to be complied elsewhere. Would like to know if anyone here has a friendly certifier/complier who wouldn't mind taking a look at the recheck sheet and giving a second opinion on some of the items highlighted. I'm happy to take the car to them etc.

can provide a scan of the sheet too, just need to block out a few private things first.

i'm not interested in "naming and shaming" but for posterity the company is called ABC compliance in Kingsland. pity it had to come to this, as they complied squid four years ago in a turnaround of three days and were extremely competent in doing so. But I guess times and staff and attitudes do change :doubt:

if i were to get a car complied i would use VINZ mt wellington, ask for a man called Glynn Jones, or Western Compliance in kelston. they are good guys to deal with. C+P motors in grey lynn are also good if you want something around that area. VTNZ and VINZ supply inspectors to compliace places so sometimes they get shifted around, abc comp seems to have a different inspector everytime i go in there. I cant do compliance (registration), just the LVV cert if the car is modified.

cheers guys. I'll probably take it to VINZ Mt Welly as it's local to me, will ring and inquire further.

this reminds me, I need to get some advice on rear belts for the RX - will post in the cert Q's thread

Got a copy of the check sheet dated 31/05/2010.

which means I've now passed the 20 day recheck date so I have to cough up for a FOURTH RECHECK. FFS.

the writing sucks but here's what they failed it on. Bear in mind this is the THIRD RECHECK so this is stuff they "ONLY JUST PICKED UP" herp durr

- "Fit rear seatbelts (3 point) will need LVV if no OE exchange points"

- (has been crossed out) "Fit plate for stage sensitive (front belts)"

- "Replace front belts with dual sensitive type"

- "Engine No"

- "Hi stop facing upwards"

- "Repair cert for frontal repairs"

- "RH plugs by steering subframe mounts"

- "Steering track rod hitting sump"

- "Steering rough & hard spots on lock to lock check"

- "Washers too weak"

- "Damage underneath"

wtf, what the hell did I spend $4k on then you dumbfucks?

Ed - If you have to pay for a 4th recheck - I would just take the car away on a trailer and take it to somewhere else - preferably in Hamilton so you can distance yourself as much as possible from that joint..

I feel someone has it in for you for whatever reason.. vehicle inspectors that do nothing but inspect vehicles can be complete Nazis just like parking wardens.. they seem to revel in destroying your will to live knowing they have "the law" as an unbeatable trump over every possible argument you can think of...

It may cost you a few bucks in the short term but truly believe the grief it will save is worth..

Also if you want to get back at the assholes I would report the chain of events to LTNZ - LTSA - or whatever they call themselves this week..

If they are an MTA member it may be worthwhile to dob the company in to them - however the MTA are member funded not government funded so the MTA will likely side with their member because after all they are the ones who keep the MTA afloat...

I think you have good right to complain to LTNZ as they have added things on not just one recheck but a second recheck - If these are real issues why were they not found on the first check. the whole point of it is that these checks are thorough checks if they are not finding stuff and dicking you around what are they missing out on hundreds of other cars going onto nz roads every year.

also wtf does "damage underneath" mean surely they must have to be specific on these things

also

- "RH plugs by steering subframe mounts"

as in park plugs? thats factory fitment so what is he on about?

- "Steering rough & hard spots on lock to lock check"

this sounds like goof? does it have power steer? sounds like a power steer car tested with the engine off.

and lastly

- "Engine No"

Rotary engines are not allowed?