Which Honda engines run clockwise?

Sparkle

There was a thread posted recently about a dude called doot doot on nz honda forums who is building a b series motor and spinning it backwards. The heads are reversable on some Honda engines (actually a few motors, I think perhaps older 3sge for example). Its all pretty interesting and goes into gudgeon pin offsets and things like that.

I hadn't posted because I didn't know, but since I'm here. F20C and K20A definitely both go clockwise. They interchange parts on rebuilds and I've seen an F20C in FWD configuration next to a K20A gearbox.

From this, I can only assume that the other engines within each series would spin the same way (edit: this is not the case - F series goes both ways, kind of like sparkle). There are several K series motors going up to around the 2.4 mark and there are at least a couple of F seres motors.

Going into trying to spin engines backwards so that they can be rear wheel drived cheaply isn't really the best idea. Its cool to yarn about and to see someone try, but when theres motors around as good as the F20C that have a fantastic 6 speed RWD box behind then and make 240hp straight out of the box, theres really no point in looking into other Honda engines in my opinion.

And if you want to go front wheel drive, then you can use the K20A and have the intake on the front. :D

edit: sneaky edit up there ^

Agree totally with what brad has said above

I know the plenty of the top usa FWD Honda drag cars were converted to spin clockwise, mostly so they could mate them up to a super lush gearbox. Plus when your going custom pistons,rods,cams,crank & dry sump why not. Honda engines are so lush for N/A goodness if there was some form of rwd 1600 race class I would fully look into getting a B series RWD. They have bigger valves stock than the biggest you can fit into a 4age, better rod/stroke ratio, vtax, better combustion chamber, ports. Just things that make a n/a engine better than the pack, all carried over from their bike/f1 racing.

The plan for the Cortina was: That if the Pre65 engine ever blew I would go Honda and enter some other class.

A standard Honda S2000 motor and box would deliver almost 50% more power for about half the cost of a top pre-crossflow Ford and Quaife close ratio box.

A single pot 2-smoke will do it if you push start your bike backwids. Just doesn't make the same grunt though.

The old suzy wont change gear when it's going backwids? Must have the wrong loading in the gear box.

It's a good old joke starting the motor wackwids then handing the bike over to someone else. They give the motor a rev and let the clutch out and eat the handle bar. Who said 2-strokes are no fun?