Stretched tyres

R100

mad, got any pics r100?

Will start a build thread once i start modifying. Otherwise its just a standard SR20 5 speed serena van. Getting some good ideas from peoples replys so far, want to go wide as i can with the rims. Its think its possible to get (8" front and 9" rear) wide rims on the van at the moment without them sticking past the guards, did a quick measure with a ruler today.

So maybe 10" front and 12" rear with some camber could look the shit. Lots of variables. Ideally 14"s would be the go, but may look at 15" yet, who knows...

Here is a couple of utube links that have enspired me lol

it makes total sense - the Serenas are basically just Van versions of the S13 haha - the rear suspension is very very similar in construction, have you seen the mad camber those things have stock? something silly like -2.5deg

Some can factory SR20DET too don't they? I really hope so, I remember when I was about 16 and I thought my Civic was the fastest thing in the world. Was sitting at the lights and got smoked by a random, standard Serena van. We loled.

Could be a good base if you can get enough weight out of it.

The serena vans are a bit under estimated. The SR20 ones go real well and like fuel said they are almost like a van version of a S13. My daily serena has had all the seats removed and i use it for carting around engines etc. Its goes really well for what it is, smokes bongo vans with ease lol Alot of them come factory with LSD's and theres always rows of them at pick a part (lots of spares)

The came with deisels, diesel turbo, GA16DE and SR20DE. Never came SR20DET altho you can slot a SR20DET in one.

Check out the link, vans a bit gay looking IMO but would go pretty hard id imagine.

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Zoomi ... ticle.html

Have 2x 15x8s and a set of 195/50/15s if ya wanna mock up, 5x114.

Cheers dude, i think ill be sweet, gonna jump in the deep end and just get some rims widened, dropping them off tommoro and decided to go 5x10"

Ok so ill be running a set of 15x10" on my van. Was hoping to fit a set of either 195-60-15 or 205-60-15 but ive noticed nobody seems to fit profiles over 50 series onto there streched rim. The reason i would like to fit these sizes is purely because i have two sets of new new tyres.

Should i fit these of go for a set of say 205-50-15's ?

You're going pretty damn wide, almost double what those tyres are normally fitted to rim wise..

The higher profile the easier it is to get the tyres to seat and stay on the beads (more sidewall/sidewall flex) which makes it slightly safer.. Will also look pretty tough because the stretch will have more of a radius to it.. "Tucking" more

If you've got the tyres already theres no harm in fitting them to see what you think first. If you were down here I'd do them for free!

The higher profile the easier it is to get the tyres to seat and stay on the beads (more sidewall/sidewall flex) which makes it slightly safer.. Will also look pretty tough because the stretch will have more of a radius to it.. "Tucking" more

Interestingly the tire manufacturers allow more stretch on lower profile tires, for example Toyo recommend a max rim width of 8.5" for a 235/50/17 but 9.5" for a 235/40/17

I suspect this has something to do with lower profile tires having stiffer sidewalls which are better able to handle the extra stress.

60 profile would be pretty mega and yuck esp on a 15, quite tall so youd want to tuck most of the sidewall for it to look any good.

205 50 would be about right imo