Swapping car shells over - Lancer EX Advice/Tips?

Scrubb

My mint Lancer EX got written off and has a bit of chassis damage at the front and my glovebox doesnt close properly anymore and I got told I could get it fixed, but no guarantees that it will be the same to drive and my glovebox might still be funny, so Ive decided I'm gonna get another shell and make it a long term project. Do full panel/paint and swap everything over and paint everything at the same time as I swap it over.

Now what I would like to know is are there going to be any issues swapping my complete car to another shell and anything I should look out for before I start? I'm concerned about the interior plastic bits getting broken and things like hoodlining I might not be able to get correct. Also wiring troubles me..

Looking forward to your input :)

Make sure its a Manuel lancer to start with and a 1600 (although not hard to change crossmembers over etc).Looms between the 1200 and 1600s different, other than that i cant think of any big differences.Making sure new shell is ok, mainly that it aint bent either etc.If you do it righht it will come up mint as.Check this rebuild out (is a 78 LB lancer), still pretty close

http://z9.invisionfree.com/1stGenLancer/index.php?showtopic=710

I dont think the loom and transmission will matter? The shells are the same? This is a bare shell with absolutely NOTHING in it, no lights, carpet, wires or anything lol. I'm not sure if I remember body panels even lol

That build looks exactly what I'm going to do, thanks for the link. Will have a good read of that when I get home

well then, to do it the legal way you would want a shell with live reg and you would prefer it to be a 1600cc one, unless you don't mind getting a cert once you swap all your 1600cc gear into a 1200cc shell.

i pretty sure the automatic lancers have a different bolting point for the cross member, so manual box dosnt bolt in (some one may have 1st hand experience), and the 1200 and 1600 looms are definitely different.

In my experience (of bolting a sigma box into a 1600 auto) the gearbox crossmember mounting points were not there, and i had to make a new crossmember, it wasn't just bolt holes missing wither, the piece of tunnel where the bolts would go wasn't even there, so i suspect the tunnel is actually quite a bit bigger on an auto one.

Just bought the body, it had a 1600 manual in it. Its deregistered and has a couple holes in the floor and bit of rust by the windscreen, but shouldnt be too much of an issue to fix since I'm gonna do panel/paint on it anyway. The front is mint if I decide just to cut the front off and use that, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I think it should be pretty straight forward to get it through compliance check and get new numbers ect, just money will be the issue lol