Drag racing winter series Christchurch

RUNAMUCK

The pegasus bay drag racing club are looking at holding a three meeting series over winter. No dates have been set in stone yet.

They are looking at getting racers to pre enter for this series, and will not be running any of the winter meetings unless they have enough entrants to pay for the costs of holding the meeting. (In the past there have been dismal turnouts at some winter meets, and the club takes a loss.)

So watch this space, or keep an eye of www.pegasusbaydrags.co.nz.

Without particiapation, there is no drag racing. And with the DYO format, even eye wateringly slow cars can get good results. So the whole "oh but my cars to slow" bit is NO excuse.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an excellent time for those who have never raced as its a really low-key and laidback race series.

Important things to remember are as Bart said not how fast your car is and in fact most slower cars can actually have an advantage.

Reaction time is not added to the actual time you run but this is where you can practice as if you run identicle times as the person next to you the driver with the smallest reaction gets to the line first and takes the win even though your 1/4 mile times are identicle.

The clock starts when the staging light goes out and you get 3 lights before the green(go), most ppl go on 3rd light but this depends on how your car goes etc.

I think I will enter my bog stock standard VK 3.3 carby car just to have a bit of fun as I am pulling my torana apart.

Lets see a good turnout.

How about a conservative effort to get a pile of OS'ers there?

Leppa? Andrew...

was that aimed at me?

if you've seen/herd how crap my car is running at the mo then you'll understand :doubt:

but yeh, if there is a bunch of us i could be keen. depending on price etc

Civil licence

Street Car needs a current WOF and Rego.

After entry to the track line your car up at the shed and get it scrutineered

As said overflow needs to be crimped, if its a bottle with outlet then tape the outlet.

no overalls or extinguisher needed, just long sleeves, footware and long pants. For your own safety wear cotton if possible.

good tires and overall make sure no bits are falling off the car ;)

if you need someone to ask when you get there either bart or me can help out....