engine builder in hawkes bay region?

can anybody recommend a engine rebuilder in hawkes bay,someone that does a decent job with reasonable rates if thats possible :?: wanting to get a 4cyl L20 nissan datsun motor freshened up.

crap man is this the one i sold you?? , whats wrong with it??

Ross Bailey did my engine bit over 2 years ago, is one of the best round here price was reasonable, but did take a little while. Bailey motor supplies I think he goes as, in Hastings.

not for datsuns

Ray WIlson the name for datsuns. does it in his private house. just a retired mechanic who is a datsun fanatic with o a very fast 1200 coupe.

Ross Bailey did my engine bit over 2 years ago, is one of the best round here price was reasonable, but did take a little while. Bailey motor supplies I think he goes as, in Hastings.

not for datsuns

Ray WIlson the name for datsuns. does it in his private house. just a retired mechanic who is a datsun fanatic with o a very fast 1200 coupe.

rusty its just a freshen up jesus .

but seriously whats wrong with the motor

Choice, thanks for the replies. im open to all options really just seeing whats out there and other peoples expericnces so i can talk to the right place.

Mongol, yup its your old motor / seedy als , just looking at giving it a freshen up before intsalation and maybe a mild cam, depending on cost. nothing wrong, just looking into options. I may end up running it as is as it a good runner in your vids :lol:

Choice, thanks for the replies. im open to all options really just seeing whats out there and other peoples expericnces so i can talk to the right place.

Mongol, yup its your old motor / seedy als , just looking at giving it a freshen up before intsalation and maybe a mild cam, depending on cost. nothing wrong, just looking into options. I may end up running it as is as it a good runner in your vids :lol:

oh thats alight then , yea took special care not to go over 5k for that reason haha .

im more then happy to rebuild it for you for mates rates if you get it back down here .

there a napier swapmeet at start of may so can take it back down , getting it back up is time/o/s frieght run though

I think I still have a 711 1600 short block in one of my sheds, from memory it is one with stock bore that bent a couple of push rods* then seized from sitting around for years with no head or sump etc.

If I do still have it and I can knock the pistons out of it, it would need a bit of a bore out but you can have it if you want it.

*1100 pistons + big cam + tight tappets + high revs = bad combo lol