Nic's Toyota Crown 1988 GS131

NicT

• 3 months later...

Done a shitload more work on this, but no pictures cause i suck.

80% rewiring the Crown loom into a Celsior ECU. Epic job, wouldnt recomend it unless your a tin ass lilke me.

Been working on this a heap. I know its a Cef, but i love it.

36898_439177865836_654920836_6522154_6890062_n.jpg

35174_437965560836_654920836_6488245_6586750_n.jpg

35854_431508850836_654920836_6301663_4034015_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
Cool.

I'm really not looking forward to wiring mine up with a standard ECU.

Why not? They arnt to bad.

With this setup i had to cut the ecu plugs off the loom, and rewire the whole loom into the UCF10 ECU i got. This involved relocating all the wires from the engine.

Im still on the fence if i can be bothered doing it with the gearbox, or to just manualise it.

Do you have a lexus for your car?

Do you have a lexus for your car?

Yeah, just the motor and coils.

No electrics. Need ECU, AFM, and igniters which are all cheap in Japan.

The difficult part is finding which ones I need, which ECU and AFM.

I think the motor is about 1992 from a Celsior.

I think I will just try figure out what motor it is from all the wire colours and locations then find the corresponding electrics.

I have the diagrams from all the 1uz's.

Shouldn't be too hard, will just be a bit of head scratching.

And got to find plugs for what ever ECU I get.

/ just do this:

135606892full.jpg

Do you get torque converter lock up without it being in 'D' and run by the computer? Auto without factory controls pretty gay, the whole idea is to chuck it in D and enjoy boating around in your arm chair stz crown

I have access to have torque convertor lockup via solenoid control if i wish. But I dont understand what the advantage of this would be?

I think this will be more of a beat down crown then a boat around crown. S131's are common as and so cheap, i think one needs to be a beater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV_hBMj7ID0 Ignore music and enjoy awe. Haha

No electrics. Need ECU, AFM, and igniters which are all cheap in Japan.

The difficult part is finding which ones I need, which ECU and AFM.

I think the motor is about 1992 from a Celsior.

I think I will just try figure out what motor it is from all the wire colours and locations then find the corresponding electrics.

I have the diagrams from all the 1uz's.

Be careful with the airflow meters as the different models have different resistances. So if you get an ecu, get and AFM to match that setup.

Ignitors are pretty straight forward. Im pretty sure that most toyota ignitors are the same but someone may correct me on this.

I found wiring up the Ecu not as bad as i expected. I was pretty skeptical that i got all the pins in the right holes when i first did it. But when it ran after sorting the power feeds i was stoked as. Even idle control works primo.

Yeah I'm going to do a bit more picking round the e-nets but getting keen to just sell it and buy a later model repower package off trademe with everything I need for a tidy as install.

And RE: Torque converter lockup. Personally I would wire it up somehow. It will drop the cruise RPM a few hundred and be a lot more economical long distance driving.

Sure if it's mainly a track car and round town hack then don't worry about it but driving more that 50kays to a track will be that much more gay without it.

Yeah I'm going to do a bit more picking round the e-nets but getting keen to just sell it and buy a later model repower package off trademe with everything I need for a tidy as install.

And RE: Torque converter lockup. Personally I would wire it up somehow. It will drop the cruise RPM a few hundred and be a lot more economical long distance driving.

Sure if it's mainly a track car and round town hack then don't worry about it but driving more that 50kays to a track will be that much more gay without it.

What car is the conversion going in?

I know the crown boxes are the only ones with a splined output shaft which gives them the ability to be mated to a solid rear end.

Might just put a flick switch in for Auto lockup.

Honestly i imagine driving it semi auto maybe an experiance to drive so will see how it goes as its pretty easy to wire up. If its a prick to drive ill spend the weekend or 2 it will take me to wire up the auto to the ecu.

I know the crown boxes are the only ones with a splined output shaft which gives them the ability to be mated to a solid rear end.

That statements so wrong it make me what to stab you, with love :D:D:D:smurf:

"Generally the Crown Auto will be the best one for conversions as it caters for a live rear end," (quote lextreme)

Thats all im going off, and my understandin was the dshaft can move over the output shaft back and forward as the live rear end moves up and down.

I should have reved it harder in the video but i had just gotten told off by the neighbours as it has no exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...
that seems pretty weird that the engine mounts didnt bolt straight in, anyway i will cross that bridge when I come to it

Mean man

Yea i thought that was pretty fucked too, but apparently the G mounts on the chassi are welded in a different place to the U mounts.

Got driveshaft made, need to extend shifter linkage.

Sold my Cefiro so now i have a couple of G kicking it in my account, but unfortunately i need to see a dentist....

Thinking custom snells springs, new shocks, exhaust and some wheels. When the weather clears up i will slap the driveshaft in and see if i can get the beast to move.

Boya drove the crown today, only up and down the road but super stoked. No exhaust, rowdy as.

Need to finish exhaust, get a radiator fan and then it will be the crown life for me 1uz styles.

60275_469787500836_654920836_7318536_377121_n.jpg

My current garage, the middle of my folks driveway.

60275_469787490836_654920836_7318534_1474168_n.jpg

60275_469787495836_654920836_7318535_6635909_n.jpg

Also converted the stagea to wasted spark after having a small smokey fire from a coil breaking down yesterday.

Took a while to do, had to use a series 1 ignitor, and 3 mitis coils but works primo id even say the car comes on boost stronger.

60275_469787510836_654920836_7318538_6498466_n.jpg

60275_469787505836_654920836_7318537_3108693_n.jpg