Idle Control Valves

V8Pete

Its might be worth a try, swapping them around. It might be more of a superceeded part number, rather than an entirely different one. Perhaps they found they were shit and replaced them with a more common, cheaper and more reliable item? Chances are slim though.

Opels use a similar setup and I know some of those are interchangable, even between varying engine sizes - I guess the ecu just changes the way it operates it to deliver more or less air as required.

You could also look outside the marque and see if any other manufacturers used the same ICV, though I don't imagine they'd share the same part number.

In short, you're fucked.

germans and parts numbers lol me daily, its funny how one compay doesnt change much from the other

any how

in my big wonder full bosch book at work it seams they fit a few things from saabs to volvos etc most european cars other than british

in my book thats dated 2008 has a euro list price of around 70euro not incl freight so with out my mind working 100% today $167 odd nzd would be about what you wpuld pay not incl freight/postage

but that bosch number is still current

sorry this book is not from any supplier in nz its from germany, i use it for bosch injectors and pumps thats about it

You could also look outside the marque and see if any other manufacturers used the same ICV, though I don't imagine they'd share the same part number.

Peugeot, Citroen, and Renault!!!!!!!!! :lol::(

And Jarred - it was just a photo I found on the net. The actual one I'm looking for is 0280140563. Dealers want over a grand and cheapest I've found so far is ~$800.

Will hit up Pickapart tomorrow and try a few that look the same(ish). There was actually a Renault with the exact one there a few weeks ago but that was before I knew I needed one. I would be overjoyed if it's still there.

4161493756_2619dcf45e.jpg

With these cocksuckers, are they all pretty much the same inside/electrically even if the part numbers are different or na? Mine's having a spaz and it's the most expensive and rarest one they ever made.

lol, this one is used in a Vectra A. Can be sourced for $20-30 - I know because mine has fucked out and cleaning it hasn't helped.

I also have one with the same number but ending in 502 if you did want to just try it. I've found they have a very slightly different plug, so I guess thats a sign they aren't compatible if they are different.

you would give me the correct part number when i got home aye........................not back at work for another week

could get cunning and find the nearest bosch elec supplier, and go from there, i would bet a 90% chance of them having a better cross over and or repair parts

bosch are pretty good when it comes to doing spare parts for the hydraullic ( which i know this is not ) and fuel items, from dealing with this shit daily

thats where i would begin before you give a oem dealer your ball sacks

lol, this one is used in a Vectra A. Can be sourced for $20-30 - I know because mine has fucked out and cleaning it hasn't helped.

I also have one with the same number but ending in 502 if you did want to just try it. I've found they have a very slightly different plug, so I guess thats a sign they aren't compatible if they are different.

That was just a pic I found on the net. Looks like an Mi16 one too, but only has two pins on the plug ftl. 0280140563, the one I'm actually after has three.

Or orientation of the pipes on that casting thing so can be fixed with extra hose and cable ties. That would make my day.

Or I'll just roll cork in the hose and move the throttle backstop thing. Feels like it has 20 more hp without air leaking past the throttle all the time.

At the moment, a thing to block the hole that I trust not to melt. Rolled with a Coke bottle lid for a bit but it went a bit soft. Stupid hose is like 7435 mm ID and underbonnet temp in traffic is like 6245432 degrees C. May have to have champagne for breakfast tomorrow.