Digga southern nationals RUAPUNA

RUNAMUCK

Southern-Nats-2010-small.jpg

Digga Southern Nationals,

Centry Yuassa Power Series,

NZDRA national pointscore,

Saturday 30 th January , Sunday 31 st rain date ,

Friday night practice , 5 .00pm till 8.00 pm. This is only open to racers entering the main event.

Racers no extra charge,

Spectators $5.00 Friday night practice.

Friday night racers and spectators enter via Leggett road off Hasketts road.

Saturday racers enter via leggetts road, public via main gate , Hassketts road.

Powerbuilt Dragway , Hasketts Road , Yaldhurst ,Christchurch.

Questions Phone Clinton 027 220 1982

www.pbdrc.co.nz

BE THERE !!!

Fuck this was off the hook. I cant remembr seeing so many methanol burning drag beasts in one place before, Even the organisation was good. There's nothing like the sweet smell of burning methanol, and super heated VHT with a 7second car doing a fat skid on it.

I just wish I could have afforded the $120 race is all.

I'm almost tempted to enter for fail and rotors drags.......

It was a great day.... hot and light winds for most of the day.

The Digga Dragster ran another track record of 5.95 which is within 1/10 of his PB in the North which prompts me to say that some people think that because Pegasus Bay Drag strip cannot VHT the entire track it causes it to be a slow track, it is however one of the smoothest tracks and fairly bump free.

Gourdie got a National Record as well so yet another National record set on Ruapuna.

Trev tolhurst does all the track prep personally and knows how to prep a record setting track.

As for me I have found my consistancy but because I never had the chance to get my diff tightened before this meet so couldn't give big revs off the line but found that my rear end set up was working well I was runnning 13.4-13.6 and reckon a 13.2 was there if I tried a few tweaks but this day wasn't the day for tuning.

Fuck this was off the hook. I cant remembr seeing so many methanol burning drag beasts in one place before, Even the organisation was good. There's nothing like the sweet smell of burning methanol, and super heated VHT with a 7second car doing a fat skid on it.

almost tempted?? just do it, was going to run but some fuckhead stacked into my car in wellington :x

almost tempted?? just do it, was going to run but some fuckhead stacked into my car in wellington :x

I am thinking of entering mine... I won the C6 class couple of years back but reckon they might not like me again as its an Aussie.

Its all a bit racist dont ur think!

No jappers at this, no Aussies at that, V8s only, Hotrods vs original

We just gotta have respect for what guys and gals do to their cars, whatever.

There may be financial constraints, maybe preferences, but we all put in enthusiasm, skill, cash that we can ill afford, resources, piss off our spouses and families (they dont understand thats all) all for the thrill of the sound, the look, the time, or just some random saying "thats cool man" and hey..... when did you last do that!

We hunt the elusive part, search for rarity, talk huge amounts of shit, burn rubber, break rules and laws. Hey I been doing it for 45years and cars only been around for a good 100 or so. You young cunts, who knows whats gonna pan out??

Just accept the different cultures, who knows, there may be something to learn.

Fuck this is sounding bit patronising.

Just go enjoy ur motors, they'll be taken off us one day, mark my words!!