Now crownin round's 73 Datsun 240c

punk_a_saurus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:twisted:

Choice man, your mate is right, if it's just little shitty bits and not near any latches etc, then you will be fine.

It looks pretty fucking close to being as tidy as mine, could easily be so with a little work, I reckon.

Just out of curiosity... what do you consider "cheap". You can PM me if you like.

Also, I prefer the grille yours has, same as KK's old Mustard Whale, I thought they were a wagon grille but perhaps not or perhaps yours has been replaced. Or it's some weird version, not really that up on the Cedric's to know for sure. Perhaps it's due to being a 240C and not a 260C. Hmmm.

:twisted:

Also, I prefer the grille yours has, same as KK's old Mustard Whale, I thought they were a wagon grille but perhaps not or perhaps yours has been replaced. Or it's some weird version, not really that up on the Cedric's to know for sure. Perhaps it's due to being a 240C and not a 260C. Hmmm.

very much agree re grill. looks tidy, go for a wof anyways, they will tell you what you need to fix.

Also, I prefer the grille yours has, same as KK's old Mustard Whale, I thought they were a wagon grille but perhaps not or perhaps yours has been replaced. Or it's some weird version, not really that up on the Cedric's to know for sure.

yah it's earlier 240c grille

shot guys and yeah i think the old owner said something about it being a different grille but i cant remember last week...

anyways whats the best way to go about lowering it?? will i have to get some blocks made up for the back or do people sell them? what do you think is the ideal height?

shot guys and yeah i think the old owner said something about it being a different grille but i cant remember last week...

anyways whats the best way to go about lowering it?? will i have to get some blocks made up for the back or do people sell them? what do you think is the ideal height?

Fronts - I had custom springs made for mine by Snells - I am sure if you rang up and asked them for the super low 240C front springs you are on the right track (I can most probably dig out the invoice number for a reference if you are actually interested) - have also recently cut half a coil off the front and it sits really nice now and still captive. You will also need to cut off half the front bumpstop but they are super hoooge anyway

Rear - I made 62mm lowering blocks (50mm RHS and two 6mm plates welded on top) and they are just right also

Any lower and it does start to bottom out on bumpstops quite harshly over potholes and big surface changes - but it could go another 10 - 20mm lower all round as long as you weren't doing uber milage roadtrips or dailying it like I was.

but the answer to what I think is the ideal right height - its AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO!!!

peace out -

PS - what sort of cash are you thinking if you do sell it?

got one of my mates to suss out a set of gold hundy spokes and whitewalls for me today.. should be picking them up in the next two weeks if all goes to plan. could i request a photochop from someone plz????? :) could you sack it on its ass with a white roof and gloss redd bottom half, and some hundy spokes??? :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...