corrupt's jzx100 chaser

corrupt

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that dosnt look like a pull type clutch?

Ill be pissed off if it isn't, first the brake pedal box didnt fit, then the flywheel bolts were too short and was missing the spigot bearing, so much for a "full conversion kit" if this clutch is wrong :?

It was all 3500 shipped from christchurch, its definately a pull type clutch, i just checked and it has a big bearing thing on the other side of the pressure plate which the fork hooks on to.

Picked up my ARP flywheel bolts today, they were listed as 4AGE ones, apparently they are the go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took it down to NSDW the other night, only managed to get 3 runs in before the weather turned to shit. Best run was 14.351 @ 162.42km/h, i need to sort out my launch/60ft (.565/2.336) then ill be into the 13s :)

In other news, turbo started making grinding noises on boost yesterday, I took it off and noticed that im missing one fin off the ceramic turbine which was putting the shaft out of balance and making it scrape on the housing. Possible reasons for this? Before the drags i took the silencer out of the exhaust for the first time which gave the car a massive power increase/possible over boosting and/or also not letting the car cool down properly after a pretty spirited drive :oops:

Plan is to get a replacement turbo to get it back on the road, then start researching other turbo options to give it a bit more kick :)

it would be nice to do it that way, but im pretty keen to get it back the road asap, being that its my daily. also im the type of guy who shops around getting every possible part needed for ages before any action happens, which means the chaser would probably be off the road for months :lol:

this is the turbo that in is 90% of the 1jzgte vvti kits done by hks

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobyga ... T3071R.htm

it would most likely have ever so slightly diff trim spec's, but that turbo compined with a rasty or hpi manifold you will get good gains..........tell a lie.........massive gains, another good manifold is the tomei one, alot of pple bag them but the results are there on paper

oh and after my pm to you i forgot to add that i read somehwere that you can solt you manifold turbo flange to suit other turbos, dont know if this is true or not, lol not keen to try

another little trick if you know two people with st215 calidinas is go steal there beams 3sgte injectors ( as they are top feed ) they are 540cc injectors from factor and bolt straight up to the 1jz vvti intake and fuel rail, failing that ex rhdjapan they are about $120ea

fuel press reg will do wonders too, but get a decent brand

for some strange reason the vvt-i 1jz have rather small injectors,

best advice i got when i was looking for an upgrade, was look at what you do with the car daily/weekly, and what you want from the car, hence why i went down the oem hi-flow, has massive gains down low and im doing the same power with lower psi...........still havent put up the boost yet

ha catch you tonight when i give you this spare ct15b

This afternoon/night was spent putting the replacement turbo on which i got off flawles. Goes hard, even harder than before and bonus is that it holds a constant 0.8bar rather than my old turbos 0.7bar :)

Now hopefully i dont break this one before ive sorted out/gathered all parts for a turbo upgrade.

• 1 month later...

So the original turbo on the car did this to the turbine wheel(fin snapped off):

22042010279custom.jpg

So i managed to track down a good deal on a second hand turbo, which went awesome for a week or so, then decided to do this:

22042010275custom.jpg

So i then had to fish out all of this stuck in the cat:

22042010274custom.jpg

So with the two busted turbos, steve murch came up with this:

22042010265custom.jpg

Fully rebuilt, new seals, new shaft and more importantly a steel turbine wheel:

22042010270custom.jpg

And while it was off the road i painted the wheels:

04052010513custom.jpg

And bought some personalised plates:

04052010516custom.jpg

I then gave her a nice full tank of 98

29042010284custom.jpg

New turbo goes mint, am planning to get a boost controller and increase the boost to 1.0 bar. Painting the wheels have also made it look a million times better :D

oh shit that turbo i gave you done that :oops:

sweet jebus i feel stink

sorry man

sweet so the murch done you a high flow like mine?, should flow some sweet air,

fyi you will need a hks 1bar actuator to pull one bar out of that turbo, anything over 11psi the hi-flows seem to pull the waste gate open, may be different on your one but its basicly what mine was doing

wait till you hit 18psi, you will shit your self its that much fun/scary

again mega sorry about that spare ct15b

but the jzx100 is looking reall rad man

Nah nah, its was just a standard rebuild, bar the steel wheel. I had originally told him i wanted to highflow it similar to what you had done, but i decided to just keep things standard for now as it is my daily driven car and I have no intention in upgrading fueling/ecu anytime in the near future. In saying that, now that its steel wheeled I can now safely wind the boost up past 1bar without fear of a ceramic turbo shitting itself, should go mental as with anything over 1bar, already mental enough on standard boost, convert yours to manual and you'll understand :lol: