Twin sidedraughts for a 1300cc & 2e discussion

xsspeed

So I am getting nasty thoughts about this 'trd spec' 2e motor.

It has a manifold for carbs that I assume to be for side draughts, though will need to confirm this.

Given the motor is a 1300, what sort of size should I be looking at for the carbs?

According to the reliable trademe twin 35's seem to be fine for anything from 1000cc to 2500cc. However I can't grasp that unless there is consideable choking involved.

So far looking at both dellorto and weber, have heard of tuneability issues with weber, though this may be for twin sidedraughts in general? Any other brands I should look at?

Also had the thought about bike carbs, but I know even less about these than I do about normal carbs.

I understand one of the issues with bike carbs is getting a vacuum for the brake booster?

If anyone has ideas/point me in the direction of a good website or book, that'd be ace.

Cheers

Stevo

yeah thats the one

I'm a bit sceptical of the 160hp but the seller has said that that was balls to wall on the edge (timing at 38deg btdc + adj cam gear at full) and would suit daily application at 120-130hp (detune by retard timing etc)

It would be nice to have and different but like you said mikuni reliability is a factor, plus in my mind spares and availability is another (not many spares kicking around for these)

You should seriously think about individual thottles and injection, it will be allot better to drive with those cams injected.

I would steer clear dude changing a mount and wiring injection is no biggie compared to the issues you could have with that. Sounds like the blocks stuffed so you need a bore and OS pistons, or a new block. Can you get rings for those pistons? what condition is the crank and head in? etc etc. Plus the ports and combustion chamber are pretty shit looking (from those photos anyway)

Yeah, all point you have raised I have been chatting to the guy about (except ports). As for rings he was gunna check if std toyota ones fit. Would have to get a new block, but thats easy.

Marku (the GC) was gunna have a look at it when he has time so will wait for a condition report from him.

The more I think about it now the more its seems like me having pipe dreams, and I should just stick to what I was planning with the 4age, especially seeing besides the mount and getting it wired, everything I need I already have.

Yeah std rods, and crank is from a 2e-t. I can post more pics, top of pistons are quite black, not sure on surface condition though. Was wanting to see what marku thought in person. perhaps i should change title of this thread.

I chatted to a guy on toyspeed who used to race or crew for the ep71's back in the day, he seemed to think it was all above board.