r33 skyline overheating problems

Elmo2003

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do 33s have the bleed bolt on the plenum that you take out while filling the radiator? RB engines can be cunts to get all the air out of the coolant system so you may have an air lock

yea i have done the air lock thing with the bleed valve there is no air in the system so..... i am running out of ideas

do 33s have the bleed bolt on the plenum that you take out while filling the radiator? RB engines can be cunts to get all the air out of the coolant system so you may have an air lock

yea i have done the air lock thing with the bleed valve there is no air in the system so..... i am running out of ideas

i think a full load stationary cooling test is needed to confirm siad problem heres a how to:

you laugh , i had an overheating problem and did somthing similar ..it fixed it

i think a full load stationary cooling test is needed to confirm siad problem heres a how to:

you laugh , i had an overheating problem and did somthing similar ..it fixed it

yea doing burnouts aint guna help my problem apart from possibly make it worse :)

its not somthing silly like the thermo fan blowing through the rad ?? , some fans only work one way aka if you reverse current they dont blow etc

do r33 have a viscous fan from factory?? , if so i would have kept that , dunno why everyone changes to electric , the amount of power you save nothing compared to the amount of suck mech fan can dish out

yea i would of kept the viscous fan but ddnt fit wen i put my intercooler piping in fan kept hitting pipe i dnt thnk it the fan nt sucking enough air az it is blowing hot air on to motor and drawing cool air thru radiator and thru a/c radiator so i would assume by that that the fan is doing its job

its not somthing silly like the thermo fan blowing through the rad ?? , some fans only work one way aka if you reverse current they dont blow etc

do r33 have a viscous fan from factory?? , if so i would have kept that , dunno why everyone changes to electric , the amount of power you save nothing compared to the amount of suck mech fan can dish out

yea i would of kept the viscous fan but ddnt fit wen i put my intercooler piping in fan kept hitting pipe i dnt thnk it the fan nt sucking enough air az it is blowing hot air on to motor and drawing cool air thru radiator and thru a/c radiator so i would assume by that that the fan is doing its job

is it enough though?? you say in heavy traffic and under load , if the fan is not creating enough flow over the rad thenit could very well be the prob , then again even under load on the highway there should be enough airflow regaurdless

is it enough though?? you say in heavy traffic and under load , if the fan is not creating enough flow over the rad thenit could very well be the prob , then again even under load on the highway there should be enough airflow regaurdless

yea it dnt over heat on open roads unless it a steep hill and u hav to go slow up it eg following trucks etc so i dnt kw i am jst about over the whole car i do want get it sorted tho as it a nice car to drive but wot a drama

did you try the thermostat? my beemer used to overheat occasionally due to a shit but brand new genuine bmw thermostat

worth a try

yea and i dont know about rbs but if its a thermo with a block thing at the bottom and its not there i destroys all water flow . that wont help

did you try the thermostat? my beemer used to overheat occasionally due to a shit but brand new genuine bmw thermostat

worth a try

yea and i dont know about rbs but if its a thermo with a block thing at the bottom and its not there i destroys all water flow . that wont help

i dnt kw aye really here is wot it looks like

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 677441.htm

yea sorry man, should have clicked and read

what state is your water pump in?

pump should be good got it changed wen cambelt etc got done round 5000kms ago

the top radiator pipe is getting quite pressurized compared to the bottom this would say that the thrmostat aint opening yes or no

This screams to me that you have a flow restriction in the radiator - I would get it cleaned out.. At the same time replace the thermostat for peace of mind.

yea sorry man, should have clicked and read

what state is your water pump in?

pump should be good got it changed wen cambelt etc got done round 5000kms ago

the top radiator pipe is getting quite pressurized compared to the bottom this would say that the thrmostat aint opening yes or no

This screams to me that you have a flow restriction in the radiator - I would get it cleaned out.. At the same time replace the thermostat for peace of mind.

so would using a liquid radiator flush do the trick or would it be best taking it to a radiator shop to get tanks taken off etc

Having a good rad cap keeps the system under pressure. The fluid in the system will behave differently at different pressure levels.

the radiator cap is the stock one that came with car from factory i may change it soon but i mite do thermostat and flush radiator

so would using a liquid radiator flush do the trick or would it be best taking it to a radiator shop to get tanks taken off etc

Nah flush is only to clean the scale and sludge out of a cooling system, it won't unblock it - however it shouldnt cost you more than $70 or $80 to get it stripped and rodded out.

I'm also getting the feeling you are trying to find an easy shortcut to fix your overheating problems - there is no shortcut on these problems, remove the radiator and have it proffessionally cleaned and I feel you will sort your issue.