Fuel?

Mk1Daniel

if its got new valves in it you can run 91 without damaging the seats..

you probably wont get much gain from running 96 or 98 to be honest..

unless you get it dyno tuned to get the max out of it..

dont expect to rock up to a pump, fill it up and get instant horsepower, it just doesnt happen..

also run the correct plugs for the fuel your gonna run..

most of us speedway guys still run 96 pump gas compared to some that run avgas at $2 something a litre... but i love the smell of it so i may run that one day :badgrin:

its not the valves that fuck out its the seats, you need new inserts put into the head and depending on what you wanted or specified when you got the head done, they may not have been inserted.

I reccomend you run at least shell 95 weather you have the new seats or not, ESPECIALLY if you are putting that additive shit in as it effectively reduces the octane rating.

i wouldn't run 91 in my lawnmowever ;)

seriously though, all my bog-standard, rattly old toyota motors run smoother when supping 95, dunno about "extra power", but quieter/smoother running is worth the additional few cents per litre imo.

i wouldn't run 91 in my lawnmowever ;)

seriously though, all my bog-standard, rattly old toyota motors run smoother when supping 95, dunno about "extra power", but quieter/smoother running is worth the additional few cents per litre imo.

because its not tuned for 91...if you had it tuned to run on that, then there you go..

comes down to engine condition aswell..compression, spark etc...

you might aswell just blow all ya gas money on avgas

because its not tuned for 91...if you had it tuned to run on that, then there you go..

what would tuning for 91 involve exactly, retard the timing a bit? go so far as to re-jet carb?

you might aswell just blow all ya gas money on avgas

not sure that running 95 in my car equates to blowing money on aviation fuel, all i said is i've observed my cars run better with 95 :)

So?? i run 95 WITH the additive?? it has new valves as i got them for my birthday and new seats [i think]

sounds like if you want to be sure you should go back to guy's who did the work on your head and ask if it's ok for you to run unleaded fuel with your new valves/seats/whatver. but like shizzl said, it'd be pretty unlikely for someone to rebuild a head using bits that couldn't handle modern fuel, so chances are you won't need the additive.

will you be running a single twin throat webber or twins...?

and obviously extractors... just dont make your exhaust too big..

if i were in your position i would:

get it put together with extractors and weber.

get the dizzy upgraded to an electronic

put it on a rolling road dyno..

start on the fuel you wish to use and a plug set.

they can set it up from there

check out the NGK sparkplug site for some good info on choosing plugs by temp range etc..