rotary colt

rx c0lt

hey guys im planing on putting a 13 turbo into my lancer colt 78 an i was wondering if any of you guys could give me any suggestions on the easyist and most effective brwaking system, also does anyone know if ex lancer breaks-suspension etc will bolt on, anyhelp appreatied thanks :)

Ive fitted a rotary to a 1978 lancer. Whats your main reason for upgrading the brakes ? I know the factory brakes work more than adequitly. Just need to upgrade your pads in the front and use new brake fluid. Unless your thinking of doing circuit racing then id definatly replace them !

i just thought replacing the whole strut would be more effective, any problems you ran into while puting the rotary in?

and do you rekon the brakes should be sweet?

not runing it for circuits but want to be runing around 300hp out of it though.

how hard is it to change the hole strut much work involved?

-swap the top hats for colt ones/camber plates

-the lca's will foul on the discs you need to modify of use sigma/similar (bolt on ball joints)

-depending on the spring diameter of your colt vs starion you may have issues with the strut towers being too narrow (weld on adjustable platforms for win/fix)

- brake balance will be slightly off/more frontal

-the steering will be slightly different/easier/less responsive

ive done it on my car if you want to check out my project thread then maybe start your own

Fitting the engine is very straighforward. You will need to enlarge the gearbox tunnel even if your just using a series 1 or 2 box.

Just leave the standard brakes, there more than adequit if your just using the car for the street regardless of how much power you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesnt matter if you have standard good working brakes or 10 inch slotted discs all round with 6 pot calipers the car will stop in the same distance regardless of whether you have 100 or 1000hp.

As for the rest of the conversion, its very straight forward. Hardest part is enlarging the tunnel.

He means that If you have to ask, your probably not mechanically minded enough to carry out the conversion.

I hope you can get it finished, power to weight would be quite swell.

i disagree with that staement, some people just want to know if theres a shit load of work to do it, or

if its a walk in the park..

sure you do need to be mechanically minded so you dont cut something thats super important like the flux capacitor cables etc.

i would atleast get the brakes recoed.. factory brakes should be adequate enough to pull you up

from any legal speed within the given distances.. if not then they should never have been made.

i agree that its a good idea to fit some new vented discs atleast and quality pads.

put some quality shoes in the rear..done. maybe look at upping the power of the system too...booster/master etc

good luck..

• 3 weeks later...