Sweet to run small 3mm alloy spacers on my rear drums?

lowrota

Is it ok to run spacers on rear drums? Sorry might be a noob question but know i can run them on discs Cheers

what?? like to space the rim out?? mate it matters not wether its disc or drum its the amount of stud length and what the stud is mounted to

3mm is fuck all. If you're running those uber gay shank nuts, (which most of my cars run :rolleyes: ) you could machine 3mm's off the shoulder, (to lengthen the thread engagement) to compensate for the reduction in avaiable thread. BUT if you did do that, make very very sure than none of the shank protrudes beyond the rear face of the mag. if it does the nut will bottom out, and it wont provide any clamping force. And will undo it's self without warning.

Everyone uses those spacers still and if doesn't matter whether it is a drum or a disk, it will be fine providing both surfaces are flat.

I'm pretty sure they are all illegal though.

You need to have hubcentric bolt on spacers (or secured to wheel/hub in some other way) to ensure the wheel remains centred on the hub.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/stdWheels&Tyres.pdf