Hillman 1725 engines

RT

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know where i could possibly get a twin choke cable?? any ideas?

As Tortron said. There is plenty of Japa 2-stroke motorbikes that have a single throttle cable with a joiner half way down to spit the cable into twins. One throttle normaly activates the carby and the other to activate the crank case oiler. Even a Motor bike wrecker may be worth a try.

sweeet.. and I dunno where to get twin air filters to fit strombergs?

i was gonna just buy 2 pieces of flat plastic (hardened), and buy 2 pod filter adaptors for any random car, on the adaptors, dril a hole in each corner, same with the flat piece so the holes align, and on the flat piece drill out all the holes on the inlet, secure the flat piece to each carb, and get 4 nuts and bolts to secure the adaptor to the flat plastic with the 4 holes, then put on a dop filter on each, or get a t piece and some 3" piping and make both filters run from the same filter.

would that do the trick??

airfilterhomemade.jpg

3. Build a filter unit to suit the car. The simplest and very effective design is to sandwich a paper filter element between two metal plates. One plate is drilled with the appropriate size of air inlet hole and, if necessary bolt holes for flange mounting. The second plate is simply drilled with the hole for the existing centre air filter bolt or to take long bolts from the carb flange. Whatever arrangement is practical, ensure that there are no leaks between the filter and the carb intake and avoid sharp turns in the air path. The edges of the flanges and plates should be blunted or even better, radiused.

sweet as. thanks for your help :) might do that today ..when i last had it runnin (aside the exhaust leak) it was running really really rough, almost as if it would die everytime id let off the throttle.. tried adjusting the mixture etc.. but no luck.. any ideas? (That was with one carb on)

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...