• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

335a741b20.jpg

Pic is a bit big lol. will make images smaller next time :D

This is how I got around running a twin cable for years. Just stoll another bracket off

a carb and mounted a short cable like this between the two carbs. works real well

and doesn't look out of place once the air cleaner is on.

9ecf460b4e.jpg

This is Just a demo of what its starting to look like, this motor needs rebuilt too.

I've got a fresh motor to drop in the car but just using an old motor to play with, incase I damage something.

69359e76d2.jpg

Started on some new exstractors. Again just with bends and a hacksaw and a few tacks with the welder at the moment.

This one is a comprimise of flow and being compatable with all aftermarket and factory intakes. Also allows the engine mounts and starter motor to be removed and worked on with no hassle. As you will know the 1725 is good at smashing engine mounts once there tuned up.

These were also to make room for my dry-deck bye pass for the cooling water, that runs to the back of the block.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just the Rubber part that pulls apart normaly. I ended up putting a solid block of steel inplace of the rubber, but does make the car vibrate a bit. Have been looking into replacing the rubber mount with some sort of poly to stop the vibrations and be stronger than rubber.

Aparently the Hunter is one of the first cars to have crumple zones and the rubber mounts holding the motor in, are key to allow the motor to come away from the car in a major accident. So by modifying the mounts in anyway may effect the cars safty badly.

The motor and box in a roll over or a large head on should brake away. Just pitty anyone else in the drivelines flight path.

So yea take consideration when you change the mounts.

• 1 month later...