help with tyre choice

sheepers

im in the market for 4 new tyres for the celica.

i need 2 225 50 15's and 2 205 50 15's. i have heard from people whos opinion i respect that Bridgestone Adrenalin's are the go for street and track.

problem is they dont make a 225 50 15. i can run 4 205's but i really want that slightly fatter stance (not to mention contact patch) on the back

so, can you recommend a set of tyres that preform well on the track but will last a while on the street and are available in the two sizes???

im looking at about 200-250 a tyre so options that are 500 per corner are probably out of my range.

any thoughts????????

thanks' sheepers.

im after a tyre that grips like a slick but is ok on the road ie, will last a good while.

from what i hear the bridgestones are excellent at doing both.

would be cool to find out if there is anything else out there that will do the trick.

the car is all fixed bar a bit of finishing work on the bonnet and the guard but i dont have any tyres so i cant take the car up to Peters shop........

let me know what you find out.

cheers,

sheepers.

i run R888's on the track and they are perfect for that purpose, but on the road in the rain they can be a bit scary!!

i might buy those wheels and tyres though, they are well cheap for what they are....

cheers for that automatic fire man!!

sheepers.

fuck this sucks.

it looks like the only decent tyres i can get aren't made in 225 50 15, megga gay.

do i run 4 205's?

my life is about getting the widest tyre on the back i can, this is conflicting, what do i do!!!!!!!

i guess ill run with 4 205's :doubt:

Why do you need the 50 profile?

Just rock a Toyo R888 225/45R15 on the rear?

Circumference of 205/50R15 = 1840.7 mm

Circumference of 225/45R15 = 1832.8 mm

Whereas;

Circumference of 225/50R15 = 1902.9 mm

8mm smaller on the rear with a 45 profile 225 vs. 60mm larger with a 50 Profile 225.

dont get me wrong, im talking street/track tyre.

i run R888's at the track and they rule, they are in my will and i have left my shed and its contents to them, but i would be fucking mad to run them as street tyre, as i said in my first post, they are fucking sketchy in the wet, and they dont last to good.

i do 55K's a day to work and back. they wont last long.

also, R888's track real bad, they will follow ruts in the road, any uneven surface causes them to dive off all over the place.

and you cant get the 45 profiles here unless you import them your self.

im not concerned with circumference, really only want a fatter tyre on the back with a bit bigger contact patch. the car is starting to spin the inside wheel real bad now the power is starting to increase and its a bit of a pain in the arse.

edit: they dont make a 225 50 15. i have spoken to the "man" at bridgestone and they do not. they listed it to begin with but demand was not enough for them to go into production.

Last set I had cost me $720 for a set of 195/55/15's for my ITR. This was a long time ago now though.

Seconded at being an AWESOME tyre. That first trackday (Eurosport one I think?) that I ran Ronny at, I was on them, and it was grippy as hell.

good choice dude - just keep up with your wheel alignments etc as they are asymmetric and have an inside and outside edge - can go anywhere on the car, but when you wear an edge you cant flip them like non directional or directional (2 at a time).

the asymmetric design has a stronger inner or outer edge (dependent on brand) which helps hold the Tyre up on hard cornering. ( you'll notice more turn in and probably a bit oversteery - doeson the bosses commy anyway)

you'll notice the treads are completely different across the tyre - this is so different parts of the tyre work there magic in different conditions ( just to give you an idea if the bridgestone man hadn't already.)

the front of my celica runs 2 deg neg camber so its a given that they will wear on the inside edge first. but the pattern makes the low speed steering really light, its made a huge difference.

ive only driven on dry road for about 5 mins so far so cant tell you how they feel in the dry but they are definitely a huge step beyond any road tyre ie ever used before.

big thanks to Brendon at A1 turbos who recommended them in the first place.

sheepers.