sr18DE(out of a pulsar) in a Lancer?! possible?! HELP!

samii

hey there, a mate of mine has dumped a rb20det in his wee nissan pulsar gti, he offered me his sr18de out of that car, his car is a fwd and my '79 lancer is rear. He seems to think it will fit in there easily. anyone offer any help? i mean the engine is at mates rates and dirt cheap so i got a bit to play with if it is possible.

need opinions and most importantly whether its actually possible! :?:(

it would be FAR easier to get a sr20 out of a silvia and put that in there if you wanna go that route , as most fwd engines have the intake facing the wrong way , and also on the sr series engine the dizzy will more then likley be right where the firewall is .

im not even sure if that bellhousing will mate up to the back of the engine correctly

hey there, a mate of mine has dumped a rb20det in his wee nissan pulsar gti, he offered me his sr18de out of that car, his car is a fwd and my '79 lancer is rear. He seems to think it will fit in there easily. anyone offer any help? i mean the engine is at mates rates and dirt cheap so i got a bit to play with if it is possible.

need opinions and most importantly whether its actually possible! :?:(

rb20det r u serious!!

yea wouldnt bother with a fwd engine as it adds alot ov extra work and wont be as tidy install.

sr20de from s14 go cheap and they have vvt i think. water pump and plumbing, inlet manifold , dizzi ect all in your favour

Yea s13/14/15 sr20de would be alot easyr and cheaper in the long term. and getting the engine mounted is the least of your worries haha.

Are you sure its a de aswell and not a di? A sr20 would give you more power and torque aswell as more tuneability, its not hard to get 200kw with a turbo and chip and tune.

sr20det is even more powrful than a rb20det but yeah he's probably done that because sr20det come out FWD factory and RB dont

I agree with whoever said to get a RWD SR20de (or ca18de?) because at the end of that day you will need to pick up heaps of RWD parts and/or modify them because i dont think sr18 came out RWD. So if you arent getting it free then dont bother