went to bleed but wont devleop any pressure i.e brake pedal wont go hard at all

towed to my garage

they changed:

proportion value

checked leaks, none, no loss of fluid

rebuilt brake master again

there is vaccum

they have bleed the system many times, pedal and vaccum bleed

but dosnt delevop any pressure at all, brake padel still soft as.

any ideas

have bench bleed the master 2 times already and did replace the proportional value with another unit, maybe thats bad as well, but will recheck that also.

Hiya Ammul.

Id say its the master man,all it can be areally?

If theres no fluid loss (or evidence of it).....then id go with the master cyl.If its been rebuilt for a second time by the same place..........just go get a second hand one and try that.........sounds like youll have a little more luck that way.

Hope that helps (although I doubt it will)

Hows the GS31 going?

I still have to make it over to show you your old one.............oh......change your name,cause I dont own a rusty 260z anymore,lol.

All the best man.

Jason

My bet = you have missed a bit out. Probably a spacer between the actuating rod (off the pedal) and the piston. The piston is returning too far and not accepting fluid from the reseviour (or not returning far enough with the same result).

The only other obvious option is that you have been given a M/C of a different bore size than the last one. If that was the case the system will bleed up fine but have a really long pedal (that might go to the floor)

Edit: Re-reading your first post I think you have the wrong M/C

Have a similar thing going on with the merc.

The master cylinder fucked out after an epic brake slam to save my life.

Replaced rubbers, it just leaked everywhere.

So it's off being re-sleeved now.

Fingers crossed.

Hope you figure yours out man.

(Sorry no real help, just ranting.)

whe the M/C has been fully drained, it's often nesessary to bleed the actual M/C itself. Some hve bleed nipples on them, some you need to crack the nut where the brake lines go in. Once you get the air out of there, you'l be able to get it to push fluid out.

(if you already tried this, my apologies for not reading the thread properly)

long shot but have you checked the booster? and the vacum lines that run from the intake mani to the center of the car ( were all the cooling pipes and fuel lines run too ) or do they run down past the drivers side

cant remember

my brothers aw had this issue ( not as bad as your's is ) but all it came down to was that vaccum line having a split in it

like i say it may not be this issue

or the other issue may be your rear calipers

when you push in the aw11 brake pistons you need to twist them to get them flush, if they just push them they can stuff them

so make sure that they arnt broken and sucking air

again a long shot and may not be the issue or problem

i had this problem after i rebuilt my mk2 cortina brakes in the front they wouldnt bleed up. Changed everything still wouldnt go hard. In the end the capilers were on the wrong side so the bleed nipple was in the wrong place and wasnt working and putting air back into the system :lol: