I want a more boostiful turbo

zep

The facelift s14 T28 Ball bearing would be a mint turbo for you at a decent price. People dont want em as they are slightly smaller than the S15 ball bearing T28.

I don't think the flow charticeristics of this turbo will be any better than what he already has unfortinatly, plus he would also have to get a new Manifold made as it would have a t25/28 flange instead of a t3 flange

High flow will be your cheapest and best option

back to zeps car!

how much head work has it recieved?

ie standard head or modded

it doesn't matter if your turbo will flow 300hp

if the head won't match up to the task it will still be restricted by that fact,

high flowing your turbo is a great idea

but i think a little attention paid to the head flows as well

will greatly improve the performance,

it may be that the turbo's got plenty room for improvement or adjustment but that head is holding you back not the lack of boost

in my mind a turbo should be able to push an equal amount of air as the head can flow at your maximum boost setting

if i'm wrong sheepers can mod this

IT has had some head work, but not enough :P That is also part of this plan!

Thanks for your replies guys, I think I'll go with the high flow option!

Good choice, Defantly go and see Brendan at A1 or Steve from Motorsport engineering then :)

After you get this done it would be great if could advise us as to what they did and why and also let us know of any increase of performance

You may also need a retune as well afterwards to ake sure the A/Fs are still all correct

BTW what is you hp goal?

Nothing to do with the turbo but if you plan to do future head work. 4zd1 ex valves and v6 commodore inlet valves are a cheap option. +2mm for both iirc. 4z ones will fit straight in with standard seat machined, commodore valves need to be cut down with new seats. Probably a cheaper option than aftermarket jobbies?