Car audio RCA's

WildPlumDx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the specs on those jaycar amps are impressive for the money, also found this theres like 4 of them on TM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 319833.htm

isnt soundstream above mid range ?

thanks for the find raizer but bit outta my price range, 250 would be my max

That 840 should more than do what your asking!

I had one of them bridged down to 2 channel running my duel voice coil sub for a little while.

just thought id add another question on here lol

so what do i do since my headdeck has no rca input on it?

and also on another note. the sub/amp (earthquake) in my other car is blowing fuses for some wierd reason.

was working fine, went to the dairy, coming out the sub just cut out, had a look at it saw it wasnt earthing (earth wire fell out lol) re-earthed it, got some new fuses and it still just wont stop blowing fuses. Electrician says it means my sub is rooted. not keen on buying a 3rd sub + amp, wondering if there is anything else i could try to get it working again

you should probably start a new thread for this... but anyway

specs on your sub and amp would be a good start?

does your amp have a protect light/circuitry... if not then possibly sub or amp, if yes then amp, but either way more than likely your wiring is at fault... or the lack of an earth has rooted the amp.

Im assuming you want the rca input so you can connect your ipod etc to your setup? if your amp/s run all the speakers in the car then you could easily connect your ipod straight to the amp input, but not ideal... otherwise its new headdeck time, and a decent one isnt all that expensive now days

Then you cant connect anything to it :? was that a serious question?

the sub/amp (earthquake) in my other car is blowing fuses for some wierd reason.

Is it getting hot? how have you got it mounted? mount it flat, like on top of the sub box, not vertical like attached to the back seat to get better cooling.

I personally think you just killed the amp.... loose earth bouncing around earthing then not could cause quite some fuckups on the poor amp... charging/discharging caps etc could've failed and now be fucked/possibly give you near enough a dead short or about 1000 other things... if its not working, replace it..

bah, sub/amp in car in garage and im at wrk atm bugger, ill find out tonite, i think 1000w amp, built in amp in the box tho, so if the amp is rooted, then might be a mission getting it out lol

edit: built in amp into the sub. might just try using the other sub / amp in the other car with the headdeck with no rca's into it, seeing as thats just sitting in the boot not hooked up to anything

just thought id add another question on here lol

and also on another note. the sub/amp (earthquake) in my other car is blowing fuses for some wierd reason.

was working fine, went to the dairy, coming out the sub just cut out, had a look at it saw it wasnt earthing (earth wire fell out lol) re-earthed it, got some new fuses and it still just wont stop blowing fuses. Electrician says it means my sub is rooted. not keen on buying a 3rd sub + amp, wondering if there is anything else i could try to get it working again

If all else fails read the thread (Quoted from page one) or simply google search

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=AA0480&CATID=24&form=CAT&SUBCATID=619

Use these lnline from speaker level output (It's an attenuator so will drop it down to line level for amplifiers) and run RCAs from these to AMP

Vibration is really not good for amps or any electronics at all (Waits for Steve to interject) I would seriously consider separating the amp from the sub, but then it may be that your output transistors have failed at which point you might as well replace the whole thing

Vibration is really not good for amps or any electronics at all (Waits for Steve to interject) I would seriously consider separating the amp from the sub, but then it may be that your output transistors have failed at which point you might as well replace the whole thing

I wasn't going to bother as I agree totally, it's called "planned obsolescence", or to put it another way, a built in time bomb, to ensure that you keep spending.

Just like having a DVD player with the vital capacitor in the power supply installed so that it's touching the heat sink of the biggest transistor in there. Guaranteed to crap out after 15 months.

Anyway RCAs are normally outputs (headunit) not inputs. An input for ipod or whatever is stereo normally a 2.5 or 3.5mm socket.

Steve

I wasn't going to bother as I agree totally, it's called "planned obsolescence", or to put it another way, a built in time bomb, to ensure that you keep spending.

Just like having a DVD player with the vital capacitor in the power supply installed so that it's touching the heat sink of the biggest transistor in there. Guaranteed to crap out after 15 months.

Anyway RCAs are normally outputs (headunit) not inputs. An input for ipod or whatever is stereo normally a 2.5 or 3.5mm socket.

Steve

WTF are you smoking?

RCA's are VERY commonly used as AUX inputs on car radios... as a matter of fact, ALL of mine were RCA's and nothing else...