Southern muscle car wars, Ruapuna

RUNAMUCK

Thats sad to hear Micheal. I had thought that southern dragways held regular meets at teretonga? I met a datsun bloke from syndey when he came out for a holiday, and he said they have night drags twice a week. I was crying into my beer about how we only get 12 meeting a year in CHCH. (Weather permitting :rolleyes: ) But then I was yarning to a bloke from Nelson when I was racing at the southern nationals earlier this year, and he said they only get 4 meets a year! Fuck I'm stoked I live here now.

I think it was a problem with VHT and the main straight causing an issue with the SSCC, wasn't the safest. So now there's only 1/8 Mile sprints every so often down Otepuni Ave instead of quarters at Teretonga. It is a shame, but it's no surprise.

You wanted pics.....

Clouds thinned out for a great day of racing.... Some came and had a rough day others enjoyed it. No question I loved the qulaity of what turned up and it was one of the best turn-outs I have ever seen.

Here is half of them for you.

Bonneville-2.jpg

Bonneville-1.jpg

Camaro.jpg

Cobra.jpg

Cuda-1.jpg

Impala.jpg

blowit-2.jpg

challenger-2.jpg

challenger-3.jpg

ranchwagon.jpg

cuda-2.jpg

challenger.jpg

wildHQ.jpg

t-bucket.jpg

transam.jpg

I can give you a login to upload them to the retro-classics flickr, you could upload them fullsize if you wanted, I have a pro account on there. Pretty sure you can slap videos up too, but maybe not. Up to you though. If you do want to, just let me know. Once they're all uploaded you can just slap them in a "set" and it's all nice and tidy and easy to reference back to.

Bring on the photos! Despite starting this thread, I didn't make it in the end. :cry: It just isn't the same when You can't race. I might have to try borrow a car to use untill I fix my mess.

I am uplaoding the vids at present....

also I will upload the new pics, pardon me if i show some that have already been shown.

Ok Bart can I help? can we get your Valiant up and running?

Shit man lets throw a bitchin motor together for ya!

Ok Bart can I help? can we get your Valiant up and running?

Shit man lets throw a bitchin motor together for ya!

At the moment, I'm not doing anything to the datto, and only working on the val. (More or less) It's going to be a while before I can fix the datto, (Due to being poor) and the Val really only needs time. I'm hoping to get my father in law to start the upholstery repairs this weekend. That outta spark my enthusiasm. Although datto's a heaps easier to work on. I have to remove the brake line that runs accross the firewall to get it replated. It was a mission! Lots of bad words were used in it's removal. :x

I should see if my old man will let me "borrow" one of his cars :badgrin:

Well James, kind of- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17459&st=0&sk=t&sd=a (I'm not really sure if it melted or smashed. :badgrin:

My old man came over before to borrow my trailer. I asked him, "What sorta 1/4 mile do you think this thing would do"? He said Dunno, maybe a 15? So I said, we betta find out then aye? and he said If you like. Sweet! :badgrin:

So I might be racing again a bit soooner than I thought :wink: